Saturday workouts

Mifiremedic
on 1/2/09 11:32 pm - MI
Well lets have it. What have you done this fine Saturday? With it being the first Saturday of the month, I'm sure many people are working out.

I did a 30 minute technique Spinerval DVD, followed by an additional 15 minutes of time in the saddle. My time in the saddle is starting to feel better than I did when first got my trainer.

I moved my seat forward a bit, because I felt as though I was reaching to sit comfortably in aero position. It feels much better, but now I need to spend some time with the saddle. Lets just say the "under carriage" is getting rolled around a bit to much. Any serious thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

My goal this year with biking is spend a considerable more time in the saddle. I would like to build up to 4-5 hour bike rides. From everything I've been reading time in the saddle is key. You will get your aerobic workout without wear and tear on the knees.

I am hoping to get out and go for a nice little run this afternoon.

Curt
Rob S.
on 1/3/09 2:35 am - DE
Went for a quick 8-mile run this morning.  Final weekend run before the big one.
Rob
Mifiremedic
on 1/3/09 2:37 am - MI
Rob,

Good luck on the big race. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.
Elisa K.
on 1/3/09 5:51 am - Lumberton, NJ
Isn't awesome that your "quick run" is 8 miles!  Best of luck in the marathon Rob!!  Enjoy!!
Mifiremedic
on 1/3/09 3:43 am - MI
I just got in a nice 2.5 mile run in 28 Minutes, 59 seconds. Legs were a bit tired, and unsure what it wanted me to do since I had biked earlier in the day.

Worked on keeping a nice consistent heart rate. Anytime it would go over 150 beats I would slow down or wal****il it came down into the high 130's. I have no idea what my heart rate zones are, but 140 has to be a pretty good start.

Now its time for a nap
Elisa K.
on 1/3/09 5:55 am - Lumberton, NJ

Just got back from a 4 mile run.  I felt sluggish during the run, but I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my time at the end - I kept a decent pace.  Glad I went out - I could have easily talked myself out of it - LOL!!

Mifiremedic
on 1/3/09 6:24 am - MI
Oh yes, isnt that mind very powerful? Way to get our there..
Linn D.
on 1/3/09 6:29 am - Missoula, MT
Did 12 miles today.  Not sure yet if I'm going to do the full marathon in 2 weeks.  Haven't had a good long run yet, and my longest has only been 16.  We'll have to wait and see what the family is willing to do.  I may just do the half.

Linn
Mifiremedic
on 1/3/09 6:46 am - MI
Do what your body thinks is right. I have a feeling you could do a full, if you really wanted.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/3/09 9:45 am - Fort Worth, TX
My 1st ride of the year today with my brother in Pheonix. We stopped here in AZ en route back to home in fort worth. My step-brother who lives out here let me use his bike and it fit ok. We did an 18 mile ride at an very fast average pace of 22.5 mph according to Garmin 305. That's movin!! It was great to be back out there. Anyways, tomorrow we finish the remaining 14 hours to get back to home, wish us luck, then next week I will be tearing it up! Take care and have a great weekend all....
-Dan
www.trimywill.com
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Most Active