First workout of 2009

Mifiremedic
on 12/31/08 11:20 pm - MI
Okay, I know I cant be the only one to be up already and getting in a workout.

I did "Speed/Sprint" 30 minute Spinerval, followed up with a one mile easy treadmill brick run.

I feel so much better when I get in a morning workout, and healthy eating. Why did it take me thirty some years to figure this out?

Training has officially started

Lets hear who else has done a workout. I know some people have some 5 & 10K's today.

Curt

Linn D.
on 1/1/09 12:24 am - Missoula, MT
Good job, Curt!

I planned for today to be a rest day.  I'm feeling a little queasy this morning, so I'm glad it was already planned that way.  I do have quite a bit of putzing to do around the house, though.

Linn
Mifiremedic
on 1/1/09 2:11 am - MI
A little queasy? Did we drink a little too much last night?? haha
Linn D.
on 1/1/09 7:35 am - Missoula, MT
We drank much stronger drinks than we're used to...  What's funny is that I went out by myself - not a usual event for me - and still got toasty.  I generally try not to when out alone.

Oh well, I feel much better now.
Mifiremedic
on 1/1/09 7:38 am - MI
Hummmm.... Never mind... haha
~ Lexipro ~
on 1/1/09 12:54 am - SC
I'm headed out the door now to do bike intervals (at the gym, its COLD today).

If my owwie calf muscle cooperates (who knew resistance bands were lethal?!) then tonight I'll head back for weights. I don't want to get too far off my "schedule" but the rests are important :)

Lexi -  Size 6-8 and holding.

Mifiremedic
on 1/1/09 2:10 am - MI
Yes, rest is very important. Listen to the body..
Sherry_Berry
on 1/1/09 1:48 am - Dacula, GA
Well, time for me to regain my fitness! Coach told me to do a 4 mile run.

I have my tri bike sitting in the kitchen waiting for me to get the chain back on...brakes might help too!!!

I gave it a nice "winter cleaning!!!"
Mifiremedic
on 1/1/09 2:09 am - MI
I have a feeling you havent lost any fitness. The 4 mile run should be relatively easy, and invigorating.

Winter cleaning? Wow, there is a concept. I need to do the same thing to mine, but I have no idea where to start. I might take it for a professional cleaning and tune up.

Have a great year
Sherry_Berry
on 1/1/09 2:47 am - Dacula, GA
I ave lost fitness, but I'll get it back fast. Let's just say I swam 1000 the other day and almost died doing so.

I also ran some hills in CT and my hips/butt screamed at me on the downhills.

I need to start hitting the weights and getting back on schedule.

Now that I have a race in May, I have focus!

RAWR!

Oh, cleaning sounds intimidating-I sure was...
It's pretty easy. I say take it for a clean and tune-up. Have them put a break-away thing onto your chain. Once you get that, cleaning is soooooooooooo much easier! It's under $5 for the part!

To clean I use "simple green" degreaser.
Most Active