Workin' Out on Wednesday!

Linn D.
on 12/31/08 3:27 am - Missoula, MT
I was a good girl and have already done my speed run today.  This one about kicked my butt, but here's what I did:

10 min warm-up at 6.7
10 min at 6.9
5 min at 7.0
10 min at 6.9

Boy was my face RED at the end!  That was hard work.

Linn
DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/31/08 4:55 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Linn,

Good Job!! I was way happy for you when I heard you got to spend some time with the DH over the holidays!! I bet that was nice. Today I hit a PR.......Swam 1 mile (1600 meters) in under 25 minutes!!! YESSSSSSSSS. that puts me at a 1:02:00 pace for a full iron distance 2.4 mile swim! I am about 8 -10 minutes behind the Pro's on my swim, if I can translate that to open water, and if I can keep the pace for that long. I am going to try to go the full 2.4 miles in under 1:10:00 on Friday morning swim. I will see how that goes. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

-Dan
www.trimywill.com
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Mifiremedic
on 12/31/08 5:15 am - MI
I will admit, no workout for me today. Getting ready to go out for New Years dinner....
Seht
on 12/31/08 5:20 am
I was planning on a half hour on the elliptical and then to swim 400 yards, that didn't happen.  My knee started to lock up on the elliptical so I stopped after about 15 minutes, then went to the treadmill.  It wasn't bothering me there, so I made up the 15 minutes on the treadmill.

I swam 400 yards and felt so good I did another 400.

I have started walking at my breaks and lunch time.  I have done 3 miles of walking today.  It's kind of an excuse to play with and learn how to use the Forerunner.

I have a 5k run tomorrow morning, they call it the resolution 5k.  I'm just hoping to be able to complete it without walking.  I haven't had one yet in an organized situation.  I seem to always start out much faster than I do normally, and I'm done around mile 2 and end up walking part of the race.

Have a great day everyone!

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Cassie W.
on 12/31/08 8:31 am
We talked the spin instructor into doing a morning class since the gym closed at noon today.  She kicked our butt for making her get out of bed early.   But, it was worth it.  I got in an hour of spinning before hitting the treadmill for a 3 mile run.  Only 11 more days to Disney!

Happy New Year

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

~ Lexipro ~
on 12/31/08 8:36 am - SC
Well I ran (jogged really).. outside, around the block. I live in a rural area so thats a hilly 1.25 miles or so. I could have gone a bit further but by then I was limping from the monster bruise/hematoma on my calf thanks to a freak resistance band accident last night.

Anywho - yeah I wont ever be an elite runner but I'd like to be able to do 3 or 4 miles without dying just for the benefits in general - I like to be able to change up because cardio gets boring.

This evening was supposed to be my lowerbody/core workout but I think I'm gonna give my owie leg a rest until tomorrow night.

Happy New Year and thanks for all the tips, encouragement and suggestions :)

Lexi -  Size 6-8 and holding.

victoria R.
on 12/31/08 11:41 am - goose creek, SC

I got my 7 mile run in, my longest distance running ever.  I completed it in 1hr 27 minutes.  I stopped for hydration & stretching 3 times.  I was quite pleased because I'm still fighting this sinus/sore throat.  Legs are a bit sore so I'm taking it easy tonight. No partying for me because I have cycling and a session with my tri coach tommorow.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

MacMadame
on 12/31/08 3:17 pm - Northern, CA
45 minutes on the treadmill. Ran 20 minutes of it ... ready for Couch-to-5K Week 5 next -woot!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active