2009 Race Plans

Sherry_Berry
on 1/1/09 2:51 am - Dacula, GA
Shizzle. YOu and everyone else is asking.

Ok. You got me. I gotta run. Harass me when I get back! All the photos are ready. I'm just LAZY!

Chris S.
on 1/1/09 1:54 am - SC
HEY

Besides working with the fabulous Karen and making sure she can do the 10K!! yes Karen a 10K!! I am doing the Goofy Challenge next week-I also added the 5K family run so

1/9 5K thru Animal Kingdom
1/10 Minnie 1/2 Marathon
1/11 Mickey full marathon

And I know this is crazy-but I am 100% positive I can do this...an ultra marathon. 50 miler. Has anyone ever done one? I know in my heart and head and 90% in my legs I can do this-but where? It seems like all the unltra's are out on the west coast...

Also-has anyone in NC area run the Hinson Lake run. A timed race where you do laps around a lake, for 24 hours. How cool would that be!!! no distance goal-just run as much as you can in 24 hours...yeah nuts I know

Good luck to everyone this year in accomplishing your goals. I know we can do it!!

Chris
Mifiremedic
on 1/1/09 2:14 am - MI
Dude,

Your doing a Half Mary, and then a Full Mary in back to back days? Wow, you are a stud....

The 24 hour race does sound interesting.
MacMadame
on 1/2/09 5:16 am - Northern, CA
Be sure to say some Hail Mary's...

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

kypdurran
on 1/1/09 1:27 pm, edited 1/1/09 1:28 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Compared to last year my race schedule is light...  but level of difficulty is much higher.  The "A" races are what I'm training for.  I'll probably not be doing most, if not all of the other races I "want" to do and currently have scheduled.  I leave it up to my coach and he isn't the least bit excited about the short course tris mainly because they will take away from long course training time.   I've been back in full-out training mode for 7 weeks now with my first "A" race being IM New Orleans 70.3 in April.  At the rate I'm going (barring any injuries) I should be able to meet my time goals I've set for myself at each of the events.  

1 Jan - 5K Resolution Run (PR set at 23 minutes)
Sometime in Jan - Hunad Challenge Tri - A silly, annual tri a buddy and I put on.  We run it along with a bunch of our buddies.  Not an A race but I am the defending champion and I have to defend my title. :)
1 Feb - Mardi Gras Marathon
14 March - Athens Texas Tri
5 April - New Orleans Ironman 70.3 (one of the A races)
11 April - Crescent City Classic 10K (favorite, can't miss road race of the year)
9 May - Gulf Coast Triathlon (70.3) (one of the A races)
6 June - Heatwave Classic Oly Tri
14 June - Escape from Alcatraz (Lottery pending and it's a dream A race if I get in)
26 July - Heart of Dixie Triathlon (my favorite tri from last year)
10 October - Ironman Championship Series - Kona, Hawaii (THE A race)
7 November - Ironman Florida -  Panama City, Florida (one of the A races)

Should be a fun year.   :)

Sherry_Berry
on 1/1/09 7:20 pm - Dacula, GA
So does this mean you got into Kona?
CEO Challenge?
stellalukin
on 1/2/09 1:41 am - Cambridge, MA
As of now I'm only officially signed up for one:

- Race Up Boston Place, February 7th.
41 floors, 82 flights.

Motivated me to change things up a little bit with my training & I couldn't be happier.
"Another day.  Another chance to feel healthy."  

PplAmanda
on 1/2/09 2:23 am - Benton, AR
I am so NEW that I am still wet behind the ears.  I walked my first 5k in October, but have been down the last few weeks with gall bladder surgery.  I still need to do some general fitness training before I dive into running, but should be ready to seriously train in March.....

So my plans this year are:

May 16 - Paws on Pavement 5k (need to get my dog ready for this as well)
May 30 - Dino Dash 5k
July 4 - Firecracker 5k   (why I think I want to run in Arkansas heat is beyond me)
July 18 - River City 5k
Spet 26 - Rollin on River 5k
Oct ? -  Race for the Cure 5k
Dec 5 - Jingle Bell 5k

Yes, just 5ks for me (for now) All these are VERY close to home as well.
Sherry_Berry
on 1/2/09 2:49 am - Dacula, GA
I think you should throw some 10ks in! Maybe a half marathon in OCT/NOV! You have PLENTY of time to get ready, whether it's running or walking!!!
PplAmanda
on 1/2/09 3:04 am - Benton, AR
I may look for a 10K.
There is a 20k here in Arkansas. I may look into that for next year.  I have a long way to go before I think about marathons though.
Most Active