2009 Race Plans

Mifiremedic
on 12/31/08 9:09 pm - MI
Wow. Another one, who is up at the crack of dawn doing a January 1st race. Great job....

I will be in NY during the US Open, I am gonna look for a race to do at that time.

Look forward to hearing all about your Marathons..

Curt
victoria R.
on 12/31/08 12:00 pm - goose creek, SC
So far this is what I have on my plate
Jan 3 Resolution 5k
February 14 Myrtle Beach Dasani Half Marathon
March 14 Parris Island Sprint Triathlon
I plan on others as well but swimming will have to be indoors cuz I don't do sharks, snakes or gators. We have  all of those here in our beautiful state of SC.
I also am considering traveling over the summer to cooler places because it gets too hot and humid here for me to run outside.  I am really looking forward to the challenges I'm going to meet this year!

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

Mifiremedic
on 12/31/08 9:13 pm - MI
Oh quit being a sissy. Get in the water, and live life on the edge. haha...

Be sure to check out www.active.com and look for some other triathlons in some "cooler" locations. Call it a vacation.

I'm sure someone here would guide you towards a triathlon in their area. Michigan, and surrounding areas have some great triathlons.

Have a great 2009
saxman007
on 12/31/08 2:42 pm - Port Huron, MI
Curt,
I'll be joining you at the Steelhead Tri.  
Not sure about other Tri's this summer yet.  Trying to find a listing still of all the MI triathlons. Would like to do 2-3 sprints and 1-2 oly before steelhead
Running:
Hoping to at least do a 1/2 marathon if not full in late spring.  This is dependent on my recovery from my TT -- got another complication growing (literally)
October: Detroit Marathon
November: NYC (gonna put in for the lottery, fingers are crossed)
January: Goofy Challenge (I know, 2010 but I'm pumped for this one!)
--Sax 
Mifiremedic
on 12/31/08 9:16 pm - MI
Sax,

If your doing Steehead then make sure you do the Firecracker triathlon as well. The course, swim, and transition area is the same as Steelhead. It'll be a great tune up.

Be sure to look at www.active.com, and www.trifind.com for other triathlons, among other things.

MacMadame
on 12/31/08 3:49 pm - Northern, CA
My current plans:

03/22/09 - Mermaid 5K/10K/Half Marathon - Mountain View, CA (I'll most likely be doing the 5k)

04/19/08 - ICE Breaker Sprint Trialthon - Granite Bay, CA

06/07/09 - Mermaid Fremont Triathlon - - Fremont, CA

After that, it's up in the air.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Mifiremedic
on 12/31/08 9:19 pm - MI
Great plans. Be sure to challenge yourself, as well as get plenty of rest.

Curt
MacMadame
on 1/1/09 6:41 am - Northern, CA
Speaking of challenging, I wish the Mermaid Tri was before the ICE Breaker. It's shorter.

But it's in my town and looks like fun, so I couldn't pass it up.

I'm still looking for something in Aug. or Sept., maybe one of the TRI for FUN races...

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Sherry_Berry
on 1/1/09 1:46 am - Dacula, GA
Happy New Year!!!

I'm signed up for EXACTLY one race, Gulf Coast Triathlon (IE-half ironman).

If you are doing IMFL, I STRONGLY suggest you do this one! Almost the same course!!!
Mifiremedic
on 1/1/09 2:07 am - MI
ONLY ONE? What will you do with yourself? haha... We will miss all your race reports. Speaking of that, where is your IMAZ race report?

Most Active