2009 Race Plans

Linn D.
on 12/31/08 3:21 am - Missoula, MT
Hey Curt!

These are my plans so far, but always subject to change.

Of course, the marathon is Jan 18 in Phoenix

Possibly will do the Snow Joke half marathon Feb 28 - depends on the weather

Grizzly Triathlon April 12 (registration opens the day I leave for Phoenix)

Missoula half marathon in mid-July

Bitterroot Classic Sprint Tri late August or Calgary half ironman - depends on how the swimming is going.

Garden City Classic Olympic length triathlon early September

All Women's Run 5k early October

That's all I have in mind so far, but there may be a 5k here or there that I may do.

Linn
Mifiremedic
on 12/31/08 9:04 pm - MI
Linn,

Looks like you have a full plate as well, even with your class schedule.

Cant wait to hear all about your Marathon in just a few days.

Curt
KJudson
on 12/31/08 4:27 am - Lake Wylie, SC

Newbie here!!!!  But planning on being a regular. So get to know me and love me!!!!

Okay you guys scare me.....intimating. 

I don't have much, but my goal for 2009.....is to run my first 5k for my one year surgversity. (did I spell that right

Sept 09.   Chris is helping me train for it.  What a man!!! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009

Mifiremedic
on 12/31/08 4:43 am - MI
Just remember we all started where you are. Find a 5K, and sign up for it, and use it as a goal.

Just my 2 cents worth, but you will be ready for a 5K much earlier than September. September should be more like a 10K, half marathon or a sprint triathlon.

Come on, be adventerous.. haha

Seriously, jump in, and join the fun. We dont discriminate just because your from SC...

KJudson
on 12/31/08 4:48 am - Lake Wylie, SC
WHOW baby...slow down....moving to fast for me.  A 10k, 1/2 marathon or a sprint triathlon.  Are you kidding?? Seriously?  Okay....

Hey, "beautiful places-smiling faces"...its the whole southern charm darlin'.

You know you want some BBQ and sweet tea! (well in our case Unsweet tea)  

Mifiremedic
on 12/31/08 4:51 am - MI
All I'm saying is that there is a lot of time between now and September. I just think you can think a bit bigger than a 5K in that amount of time.

ughhh huh....
KJudson
on 12/31/08 4:59 am - Lake Wylie, SC

We'll dang.....I've never ran before. Shoot, I won't even run for the ball. If it goes down the street...OH WELL.

This is something i want to do for myself.....maybe I should "UP" it and do a 10k then?

Mifiremedic
on 12/31/08 5:02 am - MI
Not trying to push you into something, but I think a 5K in the spring/early Summer. Then a 10K in September would do just fine.

Linn D.
on 12/31/08 12:14 pm - Missoula, MT
Just FYI, I started a walk to jog program in June the year I had surgery and did my first race in October.  It was a 10k and I didn't walk at all during the race.

It's totally doable!

Linn
Mifiremedic
on 12/31/08 9:05 pm - MI
Thanks for agreeing with me... ha ha
Most Active