Tuesday's workout!

~ Lexipro ~
on 12/31/08 12:05 am - SC
I've trolled through online stuff - but eh. I'm going to try it differently here in a few minutes. If my office would leave me alone I'm going to hit the road and run outside.  I won't have time to get to the gym until tonight and I need to get my cardio in early enough to split it from my weight training.

Maybe I can make it around the block :)

Lexi -  Size 6-8 and holding.

Linn D.
on 12/31/08 3:33 am - Missoula, MT
Just as another aside, most people who do a lot of cardio work of other kinds are surprised at how much harder it is to run.  It's perfectly normal and it IS harder by quite a bit. 

Running is something we were built to do, so anyone can do it.  We all just do it differently, and unless you're planning on becoming an elite runner, the way you run isn't going to make much difference.

Linn
victoria R.
on 12/30/08 10:13 am - goose creek, SC
Lexi
Up until about a year ago I never ran unless I was made to.  I had a goal of wanting to make it just 1 mile without stopping, something I've NEVER been able to do.  I am a reformed smoker, I quit in 2003.  My trainer helped me achieve the 1 mile by teaching me how to run as in how to relax my shoulder, take light steps and pace myself.  It felt good to finally do that mile but I wasnt really interested in going any further at the time.  I decided about 2 months ago I wanted to do a sprint triathlon and running is part of that.  My tri coach works with me 2 times a week and makes me run, tells me to keep adding to my "long runs" so far my longest run has been 5 miles and it felt really good when I finished, now I can't say I've had the so called runner's high yet but I'm waiting & hoping for it.  I struggled through my run today but I've been sick.  Yanno up until recently I would be self conscious about running & the way I looked but I really don't care anymore, my mission is to get it done and accomplish my goals.  I paid the extra $$$$ and got fitted at a running store for the appropriate shoes and it was $$$$ well spent.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

victoria R.
on 12/30/08 5:04 am - goose creek, SC
Lexi,
I was initially a bit intimidated to post here as well but I'm so glad I did, EVERYONE here has been nothing but supportive, motivating and inspirational.  Everyone has to start somewhere and looks like you've been doing quite a bit yourself.  I would like to add I'm extremely envious of your arms, you have no loose underarm hang.  My arms are screaming for a brachioplasty I just havnt put it on my schedule as of yet.  I have some fitness goals I want to accomplish first.  Welcome and hope to see you around more.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

~ Lexipro ~
on 12/30/08 5:26 am - SC
Thanks :) It's totally luck though, I carried 90% of my weight in my stomach... though I guess thats not lucky considering the whole apple-shape risk factor thing.

Lexi -  Size 6-8 and holding.

Seht
on 12/30/08 5:04 am
30 minutes on the stationary bike, 30 minutes on the elliptical machine.
Went for a 1/2 hour walk during lunch.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Mifiremedic
on 12/30/08 7:33 am - MI
Scott,

I did 1.7 miles this evening outside once I got home from work. I had planned to do 3 miles, but I set out on the run a bit under dressed. So I decided to do the same run as the other day. I actually did it faster. Maybe it was because I was cold and wanted to get home.

I guess I need to get to the local sporting good store and get some running gloves, among other things.

But it does feel good to be back on the wagon.
Elisa K.
on 12/30/08 9:08 am - Lumberton, NJ
I did a 3 mile run after work.
Cassie W.
on 12/30/08 10:05 am
I tested out my new CW-X compression tights with a 3-mile run and 60-minute spin class.    For the first half mile on the treadmill, I thought all the blood in my legs had been squeezed into my feet.  But  eventually,  the circulation seemed to be flowing both ways again.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

MacMadame
on 12/30/08 1:25 pm - Northern, CA
I did 50 min. of Pilates at lunch and 45 min. on the stationary bike after work. I went over 9 miles and have gone from a 5 min. mile to a 4 minute mile!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active