Monday Workouts.....

DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/29/08 2:36 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is well. This morning I got up at 4 am and headed out to the gym. I warmed up with a fast 2 mile run in 15:58, then did an intense 1 hour spin class, followed by a 1600 meter swim (1 mile). It was a great morning workout, and I will hopefully be out doing something excercise related later today. Let's hear whast ya'll did today. On a side note, I met a lady at the beach yesterday who was strapping on her fuel belt and was doning some compressiion socks. After chatting small talk, she tells me she just ran 50 miles a couple days ago, and last month completed the two loop run through the Grand Canyon, which is almost 70 miles I think she said. WHOA!!! I enjoy running and all, but after about 26.2 miles, I would just as soon hope to be eaten alive by maggots! Anyways, have a good one...

-Dan
www.trimywill.com
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Linn D.
on 12/29/08 4:11 am - Missoula, MT
Made it home late last night.  Didn't do even one run or anything while in OK, so wasn't sure how things would go today.  But on the other hand, I had a really nice time with hubby!

Ended up doing an hour run, and it was really good.  Ran at 6.7 with minute bursts every 10 - somewhere around 6.8 miles.

Linn
Mifiremedic
on 12/29/08 4:45 am - MI
Dan,

I couldnt seem to get myself out of bed this morning. After having a VERY nice 4 day weekend, 4:30am came way to early. However, I have every plan of getting out for a nice run this evening as soon as I get home. heck, I might even pop in a Spinerval DVD.

I am feeling exceptionally well today. I started to with my goal of healthy eating. Over the past week or so I realized I wouldnt reach this years goal without healthy eating. I'm not saying the "D" word, but making wiser choices on what I put in my gullet.

I started reading a book called "Sports nutrituon for endurance athletes". Yeah Yeah, I know I am no endurance athlete, but I need to start thinking of myself as one. I have only gotten thru chapter one, but it has opened my eyes to proper fueling and eating.

Okay, I am done blabbing.

Curt
Mifiremedic
on 12/29/08 4:48 am - MI
Oh yeah, one more thing. Spending the past few days home on vacation I foudn this great website called "Facebook", and have found many friends from high school.

One of those classmates is a girl who kow lives in Colorado, and she is some studdette when it comes to trail running. It looks like she wins most everything she signs up for. She even tried out for US Olympics a few years back, and is some sort of pro mountain biker.

When you wrote about the lady I thought of her..

Anyways, TTYL

Curt
Seht
on 12/29/08 5:11 am
1/2 hour on the elliptical machine, 10 minutes on the treadmill as my cool down, just a nice walking pace to get my legs working again.
Some light upper body weights.  I sure have become muscle deficient when it come sto lifting weights.  I am so weak now compared to pre-surgery.  It's a bit disheartening to lift weights now.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Kevin A.
on 12/29/08 6:55 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Weights~Abs, Chest, Shoulders, back and arms!! Today for the first time ever!! I bench press my body weight!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Cassie W.
on 12/29/08 7:05 am
Today was my last physical therapy session!   I won't be trying for any personal records at Disney, but at least I'm confident that I will cross the finish line.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Mifiremedic
on 12/29/08 8:12 am - MI
Okay, I completed 1 35 minute SPinerval DVD, with a 10 minute warm up prior. Dang, I wanted to give up during the LT workout, but I kept thinking of the prize at the end.

So day 1 of working out and healthy eating was a huge success.

Thanks for asking.
victoria R.
on 12/29/08 10:49 am - goose creek, SC

I swam 700 meters,  45 min. cycling interval class and a bit of Wii with the kids.  First time I've worked out since last Tuesday so it feels good to be back in the game.  Last week was super  busy for me and I developed a sore throat over the weekend so I'm not feeling my best.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

MacMadame
on 12/29/08 4:28 pm - Northern, CA
Treadmill for 40 minutes. I ran 19 of it! (I did an extra 3 min. over what the Couch-to-5K called for.)

All this running is hard on my knees though. I think my brand new shoes are probably not right for me. Pout.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active