What Do Yo Think About....

DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/23/08 3:33 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys,

I updated my website and added a few pics and race reports. Check it out and let me know what you think. www.trimywill.com Have a good one guys...

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Mifiremedic
on 12/23/08 11:03 pm - MI
Dan,

Great website. Its a great inspiration, and you have done outstanding in your short time post op.

Heck, I might just come down to Louisville for you IM. It would be a pleasure to meet you.

Curt
Seht
on 12/24/08 12:40 am
looks great!

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Vampi
on 1/3/09 3:43 pm - Mandeville, LA
Hi,

I really liked your website.  I was wondering how long it took you to be able to run 26 miles?  I had lap band surgery in July and started walking/running in August, so it's been about 6 months and I am only able to run 1/2 mile without stopping... then I take a walk break for a bit, then run again.  I have done a 5k and I'm working on building up my endurance for the Crescent City Classic 10k here in New Orleans, but a marathon seems so out of my reach! 

Any advice?  What's your secret?

HIGHEST 273.5 / PREOP 263.5 / CURRENT 198 / GOAL 161.5

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/3/09 11:43 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hey There,

The best advice I can give is to train consistantly and progress slowly. You should increase your distance by 1 - 2 miles every other week, no more than that. You will be amazed at how fast your body will adapt. I don't think there is a secret, I just work really hard.... 6 days a week in the gym and out on the road. I run 30-40 miles, bike 125-150 miles, and swim 8-10 miles every week. Anyways, thanks for the kind words, good luck with all your goals in 09, keep in touch!

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Vampi
on 1/4/09 6:37 am - Mandeville, LA
"6 days a week in the gym and out on the road. I run 30-40 miles, bike 125-150 miles, and swim 8-10 miles every week"

HOLY MOLY!! 

Thanks for the advice and for being proof that it can be done! 

HIGHEST 273.5 / PREOP 263.5 / CURRENT 198 / GOAL 161.5

Most Active