Can't get in last long run. Frustrated!

Scott William
on 12/21/08 10:06 pm
I have been trying for about 10 days to get in a long run.  Not only have I not been able to get in a long run, I have barely run at all (3 times in 10 days - the longest - 3miles).  I'm sick, my son was sick, snow closes school...  Today was going to be the day but alas, a 90 minute delay for my son.  I can't do it the rest of the week.  I may have to call out sick to get in a long run.  That would be a new one.  Perhaps I could bust out a 13 to 15 miler and another similar one next week.  One thing is for sure, I won't show up to Disney injured due to over training!!!

Thanks for listning to my ***** session.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
panhead58fl
on 12/21/08 10:55 pm - Barboursville, WV

I can think of worse reasons to burn a sick day! I really just noticed where your from when you wrote about school delays and snow. Brrrrr! I bet you have a hard time geting in a long run. Do you do them on a treadmill? I do a lot of treadmill but I always do the long ones outside.

It was in the high 30's Sat when I did my long run. By the time I was finishing and soaked with sweat I was getting cold when I had to run west into the wind.

I would love to being Disney with you and the others, maybe next year.

pan head

Scott William
on 12/21/08 11:23 pm
I was able to get a 17 miler in on the road about 6 weeks ago.  Since then, all the long runs have been on a treadmill.  If the temp is below about 40 I usually head in side. 

Disney puts on a great race weekend so I would highly recommend it.  I will be skipping next year though. 
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Linn D.
on 12/21/08 11:43 pm - Missoula, MT
I feel your pain, Scott!

I was supposed to do a 20 weekend before last, but the innards haven't been cooperating very well lately.  I feel plenty fit enough, but by the time I've taken 4 trips to the potty in under 6 miles, I just can't stand it anymore.  My longest so far this season has only been 16.  I do have one more opportunity this coming weekend.  I hope it works, or I'll be ranting away as well!

Linn
Cassie W.
on 12/22/08 8:56 am
Well Scott and Linn,  we'll certainly have a fresh set of legs to run on going into these January marathons.  I'm going in with the mentality of just finishing this one and enjoying the sights.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Sherry_Berry
on 12/22/08 9:34 am - Dacula, GA
Ok. First...TRUST IN YOUR TRAINING!!! When the going got tough before IMAZ I had to say that to myself many many many times! I missed peak due to the car accident.

I had to call in sick once to get a long run in. I didn't like doing it, but since I already had a dr. appoint scheduled, I wasn't "technically" breaking any rules.

I would be careful about making up long runs...IE-doing extra next week. I advise against it!

So, even with the wreck, I had an "ok" ironman.I stayed really strong until I hit the run. With that said, it was 8ish hours into the race before everything went downhill! So...if you use my wacky thought of training, you are bound to finish your marathon before you hit the wall!

SNORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay safe and be smart!
Sherry_Berry
on 12/22/08 9:34 am - Dacula, GA
Oh, and I'll be in CT this coming weekend!
cbrock1592
on 12/23/08 8:39 am - New Haven, CT
Going to CT now that that snow has come and gone! =)

Christine
band date: August 1, 2007
Band Removal Date:  Sept 30, 2008
Highest Weight: 355 lbs
Day of Surgery: 231 lbs
Current Weight: 185 lbs

Sherry_Berry
on 12/26/08 12:19 pm - Dacula, GA
I'm in Shelton now! Woohoo!
Most Active