WASSUP!!!!! Greetings From Sunny Southern California...

DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/21/08 5:31 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Everyone!!!

I hope everyone is well and is ready for the holidays. I have been out of the loop for the last week or so since we drove from Texas to Southern Cal on Monday and have been doing the "Catch-Up" thing with all the family for the past few days. I think my body is pretty well recovered from the marathon last week so I am going to start running and cycling again this week.

It has been killing me to not be doing that stuf this past week, but I have managed to get in 4 swims this past week equaling 6 miles all-together. I have been stretching a lot, and overall have been taking it pretty easy, but like I said, I think I am recovered and am feeling fantastic.

My next scheduled event is for February 28th which is the Fort Worth (Cowtown) Full 26.2 Mile Marathon. I am going to be doing a lot of tempo runs, several long runs, but none probably over 20 miles. (It takes such a toll on your body). I want to go into this race with a much more solid nutrition plan and really be sure to load up on carbs the whole week prior to race rather thanjust the day before to fully top off glycogen stores. I know you never really know what to expect on race day, but I am going to try my darndest to finish in 4:20:00 shaving off more than 30 mins from my first marathon attempt. I will be heading down to the beach this week for some open water practice and will let you all know how all that goes. If there is any of you all out here in So Cal that want to go for a 10 - 12 mile run in the next week, drop me a line and we can meet up!

I hope you all have wonderful holidays and I will be a little more "In-The-Loop" now that we have settled in here. Take care.....

-Dan
www.trimywill.com
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Cassie W.
on 12/21/08 7:23 pm
Happy Holidays to you, too.  I'm glad to here that you've taken the time to rest up after the marathon.   That week off is so tough with comiing off of the adrenaline high of just finishing a marathon.

For me, it's a little easier to take a break, I'll be coming home to the frozen tundra of Central New York after the Disney marathon.  I won't mind hibernating for a week.

Good luck in Cowtown!

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Kevin A.
on 12/22/08 1:33 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
What part of SO CAL are you in?? Maybe we can hook up for run or just coffee??
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/22/08 8:25 am - Fort Worth, TX
I am in Norwalk. Let me know....

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

MacMadame
on 12/23/08 2:06 pm - Northern, CA
I miss SoCal sometimes. Though my weather widget says it's going to rain tomorrow in San Diego, so it's not that sunny this week. Hope you can still get your workouts in.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active