Doing my first 5 K in Disney

prek-3
on 12/20/08 7:40 pm - Hollywood, FL
I forgot I had my husband register us for it back in May (wasn't sure he actually did it)! Not concerned about it, I'm a walker, and can do the 15 minute mile no PROBLEMA! But just wanted to ask you all if there was anything I should know or be aware of with this being my first 5 K????

Thanks in advance,
Prek-3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

victoria R.
on 12/20/08 8:35 pm - goose creek, SC
Hey
You'll be just fine.  I would suggest just make sure your shoes and clothes are comfy.  Yesterday on my run I was wearing new workout bottoms and I thought they fit great but as I was running they kept sliding down, very aggravating, needless to say I won't be running in those again.  Have fun at Disney.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

Rob S.
on 12/21/08 5:49 am - DE

For you first race make sure that you don't get to far to the front.  You can get trampled.  Other than that, enjoy it, hydrate well, keep a consistent pace, and have fun.  Once you get your first one, you can work on your time if you want to.
Hope to see you running.
Rob

Scott William
on 12/21/08 7:00 am
Boy did you pick a great race for your first.  If there were any race designed to make you want to do another it's that one.  Good luck.  You will have a blast!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active