Home from tummy tuck -- going trough exercise withdraw!

saxman007
on 12/20/08 10:08 am, edited 12/20/08 10:09 am - Port Huron, MI
OK all, I've read this board for awhile now and I need to keep reading about your daily workouts!!  I finally got home today (surgery was Monday) and had an 'eventful' recovery process.  I have accepted the fact that a spring marathon will probably not be possible, but probably a half is doable. Not that I did anything to cause my need for rehospitalization I learned that this stuff is major and that it'll take time heal and them to build things back up.
Looking forward to getting a new tri-bike in January (at least gonna put a deposit on one by then).  Signed up for the Steelhead (Michigan) 1/2 Ironman  for August and looking forward to that training!  I feel like I'm going through withdraw and need to read your adventures!
--Sax
Linn D.
on 12/20/08 9:35 pm - Missoula, MT
You'll be back to it before you know it!

Be good and heal well first, and your fitness will return faster than you think.

Linn
Elisa K.
on 12/20/08 10:12 pm - Lumberton, NJ
Rest up, Sax!!  I know it is hard, but take your time, and heal!!  You'll be back before you know it!!

Take care of yourself!!
Sherry_Berry
on 12/20/08 10:27 pm - Dacula, GA
I ran a 10k 4 weeks after my thigh and LBL....

Anyhoo-Sherry's biggest piece of advice is REMEMBER TO TAKE STOOL SOFTENER.

I'm a regular pooper so to speak. After my first round of plastic surgery (panni, arms and boobs) I didn't take my softener like suggested. A week later I thought I was gonna have to go to the ER...except there was no phone in the bathroom. Let's just say I had a traumatic event which would remind me of a birthing special on discovery health.

Don't want you popping a drain!
Most Active