Need help with Batwings!

milehi7
on 12/18/08 1:40 pm - Colorado Springs, CO
Okay, so I am thrilled that I have lost 72 pounds since surgery but am discouraged by my "batwings".  I am at the gym at least 6 times a week but am needing to target the "batwing" area.  Does anyone have any tips or excercises that have worked to tone the "batwing" area?  Please share!
V-

Linn D.
on 12/18/08 11:46 pm - Missoula, MT
I think most of us have an area that we hate.  Unfortunately, all you can do is tone the muscles.  The skin will do what it will.

I consider most of the folks on this board athletes who have made fitness a priority in their lives. Many have also had PS because you can only do so much, and although targeting those areas gains tone and strength, it does nothing for the skin.

Sorry I'm not much help, but that's just the way it happens.  I wear 2 bras and compression tops when I run because I have tons of loose skin in the front.  I'm fit AND I need PS (just hasn't happened yet).

Linn
victoria R.
on 12/19/08 9:09 am - goose creek, SC
Hello
Unfortunatley I'm one of those left with some considerable batwings.  I have been weight training for 3 years and I have toned my arms up a great deal but my batwings are still flapping around so plastic surgery is definitely on my to do list.  I have about 20-25 more lbs I'd like to lose but truthfully I don't think it will make much difference in my batwings.  Some women are lucky in that area but I'm not one of them.  Congratulations on your awesome weightloss, you're doing great.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

Most Active