Disney pals

Cassie W.
on 12/17/08 10:43 am
Hey Rob and Scott,

Have you downloaded your waiver for Disney Marathon yet?  My bib is 8065, so it looks like I'll be in Corral D.   It's hard to believe it's only 3 weeks away.   I'm fortunate to have my running partner, my husband and my niece all running the full this year.  We'll certainly be celebrating at the after-party in Downtown Disney.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Rob S.
on 12/17/08 10:23 pm - DE
Cassie,
My bib is 20254 so I'll be picking up the scraps in the rear of the pack.  My wife is going to be there to cheer me, so we'll also be at the after-party in Downtown Disney.  I have my last long run this weekend (20-miles).  The weather report is for freezing weather.  After the long run, I get to settle back and do two final short runs (12 and 10 miles) before heading to Florida.
Rob
Scott William
on 12/17/08 11:08 pm
I just did after seeing this post.  I was not aware of the new system this year.  Anyway my full bib # is 11341 and my half bib # is 34794. 

I will be in carral E and B respectively.  That is probably closer to the front that I will actually be come finish time.  The good thing is that Rob will be passing me at some point during the last 6 miles as I die a slow death.   I am getting excited but am probably a bit undertrained again.  I will do a 20 miler here in the next few days and 10 followed by a 15 the next weekend.  Then I wind down. 

Not sure about the after party.  I have not done one yet and this will be my last Disney trip for a few years so maybe I should do it. 
Cassie W.
on 12/18/08 9:40 am
Rob will be passing me along the way, too, since I'm a lot undertrained.  My last "long run" will be Saturday - an hour spin class followed immediately by a 2-hour run.  

If you're planning on renting a car/van, be sure to recheck your rates.  The January deals are finally starting to come available.  Originally, I had booked a minivan for $371 and was able to get it down to $215, including all the taxes and fees, through Alamo with its $199 minivan special and $40 e-coupon (hot deals tab).

Good luck and have fun.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Rob S.
on 12/18/08 8:21 pm - DE
Just remember this is my first marathon, so I don't anticipate passing anyone.  I need to remember to pace myself early, so I can hang on later in the run.  Are you guys staying at one of the Disney resorts?  We are staying at Port Orleans.  Should be exciting.  We're heading down on Thursday, but since my wife and I are both crowd-aversive, we have never been to Disney.  Have no idea what we are going to do down there, but I guess we will find a way to stay busy.  Hope to see you all there.
Rob
prek-3
on 12/20/08 7:27 pm - Hollywood, FL
Hi Rob
While I live in S. Fla, I have visited Orlando alot!!!! And Have stayed in Port Orleans! Its a great resort! You can take they're little water taxi which is FREE (boat to DOWNTOWN Disney (a 10 minute relaxing boat ride). Once you are in downtown Disney there is plenty to do there, besides shopping! Restuarnts, House of Blues, movie theatre, Cir Solei ?sp? (well worth the price!!!!), Pleasure Island (dance clubs and a comedy club). There is PLENTY to do just in DOWNTOWN DISNEY!!!

Have fun! I'm doing my first 5 K on Friday the Family Fun run Circle of Like 5 K!!!! CAn't wait! Not a runner, but I can do a mean 14 minute mile!!!!

See ya round!
PreK-3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

Rob S.
on 12/21/08 5:55 am - DE
thanks for the tips!  We'll definitely check out downtown Disney.  We'll have enough time to a few things and keep my mind off the race.
Rob
Rob S.
on 12/18/08 8:17 pm - DE
Rookie question.  Where do you find the corral number?
Scott William
on 12/19/08 12:38 am
Here is a link to a site that is really helpful to disney runners.

You will be in corral H

http://www.disneyrunning.com/

There is a link on this page to corral placement and other cool things.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Scott William
on 12/19/08 12:39 am
Here is a more specific link to the corrals:

http://www.disneyrunning.com/09fullchutes.html
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active