What kind of bike should I get?

MacMadame
on 12/18/08 7:47 am - Northern, CA
On December 17, 2008 at 11:29 PM Pacific Time, Seht wrote:
Yes it is pretty, and not a chance in hell you are getting me into the water here.  Northern CA. is a great white breeding/hunting ground.  Not gonna happen.

Ha

Scott
The sharks told me they're scared of you, though.

I'm looking at the entry form for the ICE Breaker Triathlon in April right now.... trying to get up the nerve to submit.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Seht
on 12/18/08 8:01 am
Come on sign up you can do it.  I'll cheer for you.  I have 2 friends that are both first timers that are going to do it with me.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MacMadame
on 12/18/08 9:11 am - Northern, CA
Okay, I did it.

It cracked me up that their "Athena" division starts at 160 pounds. I was tempted to sign up but I'll be less than that by April.

MacMadame
on 12/17/08 1:42 pm, edited 12/17/08 1:43 pm - Northern, CA
You have to swim in the ocean! That's the fun part.

Seriously, it was watching people on tv swim in the ocean and then jump on their bikes that made me think "that looks like so much fun!" This was generally followed by "but I'd never be able do that" when seeing them run, but that was 62 pounds ago.

ETA Oh, lakes are okay too. I thought you meant you only did them where the swimming was in pools.

Sherry_Berry
on 12/18/08 7:33 pm - Dacula, GA
Ha! The first triathlon I swam in the ocean for was the gulf coast triathlon. I thought I was gonna puke when I got out of the water...and the seas were calm that day. This year, same tri, rough seas, no puke.

Make sure you have time with a GROUP to get out there and practice. It takes a little bit of skill to get past the breakers!
Most Active