Coming to you live from Mexico

Mifiremedic
on 12/15/08 5:47 am - MI
Well I am on day number 7 of our Mexican vacation. Even between the chick drinks and sunning myself I got in a few miles of running on the beach in the morning.

I even managed to read two triathlon books in hopes getting a training plan and a mindset to concur my goals this year. In soMe ways the books seemed to contradict each other but I learned alot from each book. I will even buy one of the books to highlight and refer back to during the season.

Well I better sign off and get some clothes on, and prepare to take a nap when I get back to the room. This evening will be dinner, drinks and some time in the hot tub.

The purpose o this post is that if Youve lost your workout mojo then take a vacation. It's done me wonders.

Elisa K.
on 12/15/08 7:44 am - Lumberton, NJ
I am so jealous!!  I want to drink chick drinks and sun myself!!

I'm glad you got your mojo back!!  Enjoy the rest of your vacation!!

victoria R.
on 12/15/08 7:27 pm - goose creek, SC

Which of those books did you find most helpful?  I've been thinking about getting one but not sure which one would be the most helpful.  Have a great remainder of your vacation but please be careful with the sun exposure.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

Mifiremedic
on 12/19/08 2:10 am - MI
This paast week I read the following books: "Going Long, Training for Ironman-Distance triathlons", and "Breakthrough Triathlon Training". I found them both to be very informative, but they both have quite different theories.

The book "Going Long" emphasizes a structured plan, and time vs. distance. Where as the other book really looks at the body, and listening to the body more than following a structred plan.

I found them both very good and very informative, and look forward to finding other similar books to see how its any different. Heck, I might even find a 3rd theory.

I have also read a book called something like "Your First Triathlon". Its a great beginner, but I was looking for something to help build me towards my goal of a Half Ironman this coming year.

Hope this helps and if you have any other information, feel free to yell..

MacMadame
on 12/16/08 1:41 am - Northern, CA
There are triathlon books? Tell me more!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active