When can i go back to old workouts

victor cardi
on 12/15/08 3:11 am

HI ALL!!

Tomorrow is the start of week 6 post op.... the doc told me to go to the gym and just do treadmill walking and stationary bike... when can i go back to my 45-60 minute workouts and stair climber and eliptical?? I was going 6 days a week is that too much?? I was thinking mon-wed-fri gym and Weekend walk................ need imput thanks all!! VICTOR
P.S. Drink Mona Vie!!!!

Linn D.
on 12/15/08 11:22 pm - Missoula, MT
Hey Victor,

It'll probably be a while before you feel good enough to do the hard-core workouts you were doing before, so take it slow.  It's okay to walk at a pretty brisk pace, but if it hurts, back off.  I became a runner, and shortly after my first race I needed gall bladder surgery.  I tried to run too soon, and it was pretty painful.  Let your body heal.

I'd definitely wait until you're cleared for more intense workouts.  You've got the rest of your life to work on your health.  A few more weeks isn't going to be that big a deal in the long run.

Linn
victor cardi
on 12/16/08 1:13 am

LINN!!
Wow your good girl!! Thanks for the info!! Why did you need surgery? Also how long is a while?? but your right i will take it slow? i know i will be waiting for final clearance!! Before i broke my tibia and fibia and ended up with 3 plates and 21 screws in my lower ankle i started to begin training for a marathon i want to run one.......... when can i start training i had surgery Nov 3rd 2008  VICTOR

P.S. drink Mona Vie........... 

Most Active