Sunday Workouts

Cassie W.
on 12/14/08 12:51 am

Well, the cross training was a decent substitute for running during my rehab period.  I did a test run of 8 miles today on the hard, cold city streets to see how my hip would hold up.  When I finished the 8, I knew I could do more, but I'll save that for the Disney Marathon.

Until then, I'll continue putting most of my training time in on the spin bike and elliptical to minimize the chance of reinjury.  But, it was reassuring to know that I can still get out there and run!

Cassie

"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Linn D.
on 12/14/08 10:19 am - Missoula, MT
You're doing great keeping it up!

Isn't it nice to know the body will still do what we want it to?

I'm thinking all sorts of positive thoughts for you as you continue your training and healing up.

Linn
Cassie W.
on 12/14/08 12:18 pm
Thanks Linn.  The silver lining of all this is I found spinning and I love it.  I think adding that to my regular fitness routine will certainly make me a better runner overall.

Cassie

Cassie W.
on 12/14/08 12:19 pm
MaryS
on 12/14/08 10:20 am - Long Island, NY
Cassie,

How about that, isn't it great to be able to run 8 miles. I'm glad to hear you are still planning to do Disney, I didn't realize you were still planning to do it.

Today I did about 3.5 miles. I've been running without my watch so I'm not really sure about the time or distance. I do know that I really enjoyed the run.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Cassie W.
on 12/14/08 12:43 pm
Mary,

As with the Wineglass Marathon, I'll still withhold the final decision until the last minute.  It was easier to opt out of Wineglass.  I only had the entry fee and training time invested and I hurt way too much to even consider it. 

Disney is a tough one for me to give up.  In addition to the entry fee, I've already paid the airfare for myself and my family.  My kids are looking forward to the trip and I really don't want to have to bail on my running partner again.  I figure I'll take it nice and slow and walk if I have to.  No time pressures. . . just running for the fun of it. 

I'm thinking about tossing my name into the lottery for NYC.  Maybe I'll get lucky and get to run in your backyard in '09

Cassie

MaryS
on 12/14/08 9:43 pm - Long Island, NY
Cassie,

Great attitude! With your positive outlook I don't have any doubts that you'll succeed if you decide to do the marathon. You should enter the lottery for NYC! It is so much fun and I would love to meet you.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Most Active