can someone give me some new exercie ideas?

Shasta L.
on 12/9/08 2:33 am - CO
Hi everyone out there I have fallen off my exercise routine lately, and have realized that I'm bored with it. curently weight lifting 3-4Xs a week, and then doing the stair climber every other day for 30min. I need to increase my arobics to every day, and really just spice up my routine. I will appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks!

kypdurran
on 12/9/08 4:50 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Hi Shasta.  Have you tried swimming or biking for cardio?   Both are excellent workouts, especially swimming.  

Also, have you tried walking / running instead of the stair climber?  I find that exercising outdoors helps a bunch to relive the boredom of gym workouts.

Best of luck.

Chad
www.team464.com

victoria R.
on 12/9/08 6:52 am - goose creek, SC
Shasta
I too was having problems with boredom in my workouts.  I recently started training for my very first triathlon and shook my routine all up, presently I run/walk outside about 4 times a week, swimming 2 times a week, weight training 2 times a week, cycling class 2-3 times a week and pilates/yoga 1-2 times a week.  I try to get outside as much as possible and I've been trying out different parks to do my run/walks which keeps things interesting.  The swimming has really been great and something I really look forward to.  I also have gotten outstanding support and motivation from the great people on this board.   I chose to get out of my comfort zone and expand a bit and it's really not so bad I just have to make myself do it, no excuses, no slacking, just get it done!  Good luck!

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

Linn D.
on 12/9/08 9:22 am - Missoula, MT
Vikki's idea of training FOR something is an excellent idea.  Sometimes it takes some external thing you want to do to come into play to help with the motivation.  I love to see progress, so whatever it is that I do, I want to be able to go faster/harder/longer over time.  That helps me stay motivated.

You might also try doing some classes.  Seeing the same people at the classes builds a social network that is beneficial as well.  I really like the ladies I do studio cycling with, and we look forward to being able to visit.

Hope you find what you need!

Linn
Shasta L.
on 12/9/08 12:30 pm - CO
Thanks everyone. All of these are great ideas. I am definitely going to start swimming, and maybe even look into a few classes.

victor cardi
on 12/15/08 3:15 am
you go Shasta!! I like Vickie's idea too cause you can get soooo bored with the gym routine after some time and spicing it up sounds great!! I am starting my 6th week tomorrow when can i start running???  Take care all........ VICTOR P.S. Drink Mona Vie!! Shasta...... i will give you $2.00 for your fund if you  take a look at drinking Mona Vie!! Check out my profile....
Most Active