The frigid 5K

saxman007
on 12/7/08 7:41 am - Port Huron, MI
 Ran in one of the local 5Ks here in Michigan.  I had been looking forward to it until last night when I realized the weather forecast!!!  Got there this morning and the actual temp was 17 degrees, add the wind chill and we were looking at a blistering 5 degrees!!!!  The wind is blowing pretty strong, it's colder then hell, AND the roads are covered in snow.  On the bright side, it was nice to do one last race before the tummy tuck.  I came in at 26:10 (unofficial) so I've dropped 2:30 off my time since the beginning of the year.  I feel with better weather I could've done 25:45-25:30.  Got my goals set next year for the mid 24's.
Have fun out there everyone and stay WARM!!!!
victoria R.
on 12/7/08 7:54 am - goose creek, SC
Wow, that's really really cold.  congrats on your timing & good luck for your goals for 2009.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

Sherry_Berry
on 12/7/08 8:12 pm - Dacula, GA
I like cold running...not sure about the whole 5 degrees thing!

Anyhoo-if you were a girl I'd tell you to get the Ice Girl skirt from skirtsports.com and use my discount, but...well...you might get yellow snowballs thrown at you!!!

SNORT!

Great job on getting your azz out there, yo!

So, I assume you play sax!

I teach music to little kids all day! Fun job...except for the concert tonite. They drive me nuts and then somehow pull it off!
saxman007
on 12/7/08 8:37 pm - Port Huron, MI
 Yellow snow and my students would REALLY wonder if I showed up in one of those Ice Girl skirts, lol.  I'm a high school band director, our concert is Thursday and I agree: the kids will drive you nuts and make you worry then magically pull of great concerts.  Good for them, stressful for us -- guess the groups I played in weren't really a whole lot different!
Good luck with your kids tonight!  
--Sax
Sherry_Berry
on 12/8/08 9:39 am - Dacula, GA

Suh-weet! I majored in music ed w/a concentration in trombone at umass...I KNEW I liked you!

I wanted to be a HS band director until I student taught. LONG STORY. Anyhoo=I don't think I'd be "Ironman-ing" If I had to conduct marching band!

kypdurran
on 12/7/08 11:36 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Awesome job Sax!   17 degrees!?   Sheesh, I complain about 50.  :)

Did they hook you up with one of those tinfoil capes at the end of the race?  Those things are awesome!

Linn D.
on 12/8/08 2:34 am - Missoula, MT
What a great improvement in your time!

You'll be back in the swing of things in no time after the TT, so try to take it as slow as you need to.  You know you're fit, and that returns pretty quickly.

Congrats on a great race, and here's to a speedy recovery.

Linn
saxman007
on 12/8/08 6:24 am - Port Huron, MI
 Nope, no foil blanket after this race -- sure would've helped.  I'm looking forward to getting back at things quickly.  My doc thinks I can probably start walking the dog after a week or two so that will at least keep me moving (and my dog sane).  I know it'll be probably 6 weeks off -- got my reading list ready to go!  Gonna put a new tri-bike on order so I'll be getting a new toy to play with right around the time I get approval to get active again
--Sax
Most Active