Ok Guys 11 Months Post-Op... Officially Lost 191 Pounds

DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/7/08 12:34 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I cannot believe I am almost a year post-op. It has been a crazy year! I literally went from weezing to get  up a flight of stairs at 400 pounds to being an addicted endurance athlete at 209 pounds today. Weird to type that... Athlete. However, that's what I am. I have heard from so many people who have never had a weight problem, or from others who have had WLS and they comment on my rapid weight loss and a typical response is..."Guys lose weight so much faster than women". While that may be true, I try to not let what others try to discount cloud the reality. In reality, I run 35-45 miles a week, I cycle 100 - 125 miles a week, and I swim about 6-8 miles a week, also, I do weight training, coach soccer, am a father, husband and sole bread winner for my family. The reality is, I have busted my tail to get to where I am at and would do it all over again in a heart beat! I have been given a new lease on life and I am gonna take it and run with it, literally! I am a very blessed man, and I am so thankful for all the good friends I have made here on OH, you all are the best! As I turn my thoughts to how I am going to spend my 11th month surgiversary (I will be running my first 26.2 mile marathon), I will be running to the finish line to embrace my family and friends who have loved and supported me, and will be holding my head high knowing that I have made the decision to change my life and run away from this terible disease of obesity forever. Then, my thoughts will be turned to the 6 Ironman events I am registered for in 2009.... 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile cycle, and 26.2 mile run... 17 Hours to complete..... I will be an Ironman!
Go to my website to track my training and progress... www.trimywill.com

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Sherry_Berry
on 12/7/08 7:42 pm - Dacula, GA
One Word...ROCKSTAR!!!
Rob S.
on 12/7/08 8:23 pm - DE
Great job.  You obviously got the memo.  Hardwork, exercise and proper nutrition is how to be successful.  Good luck with your marathon and your events next year.
Rob
victoria R.
on 12/7/08 9:56 pm - goose creek, SC

As I've said before, you're truly an inspiration and I know you've worked very hard to get where you're at.  I have been told before that I took the "the easy way out" by having wls.  It's not the easy way out and I have to work to maintain what I've lost and I have to work even harder if I'm going to get the last 20 off and most importantly I know I have to work if I'm going to keep it off.  Keep on doing what you do!

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

kypdurran
on 12/7/08 11:10 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Great job man.   It's an amazing transformation and you should be very proud of your accomplishment. 

Keep on truckin'

Chad

Linn D.
on 12/8/08 2:29 am - Missoula, MT

Congrats Dan.  You're doing great!

Linn
saxman007
on 12/8/08 6:29 am - Port Huron, MI
 Way to go man!!!  Keep up the work and have fun at the marathon. Good luck in your ironman preperation
--Sax

Most Active