Saturday Workouts!

Elisa K.
on 12/5/08 11:54 pm - Lumberton, NJ
Hi Everyone!!
I got up early and ran 3.25 miles with my running group.  It was about 25 degrees this morning - Brrrrrr!!  I can't wait for Spring!!

So, what's everyone else up to??
Sherry_Berry
on 12/5/08 11:56 pm - Dacula, GA
Just showered. Gonna clean and put up tree.

I'm getting fluffy.
the7thdean
on 12/6/08 12:16 am - GA
That's AWESOME!  Keep it up.

Rob S.
on 12/6/08 1:20 am - DE
Although I've been fighting a miserable cold this week, I also ran early this morning, and although it was cold there was no wind so it was bearable.  I joked with my running partner about bringing a note from my wife about getting out of the run, but decided to buck up and endure.  I ran 12 miles in 2'04".  It was probably my best run ever and I felt like I could have continued at the finish.  No walking although we did take a quick hydration break at 6 miles.  I am loving these compression calf guards.  Next week is a long run, 18 miles so hopefully I'll have a similar experience.
Rob
Elisa K.
on 12/6/08 11:32 pm - Lumberton, NJ
I'm impressed Rob!!  I would have been a baby and stayed in bed - LOL!!  Glad the cold didn't affect your run!!
DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/6/08 5:45 am - Fort Worth, TX
I ran a PR today on the bloody dreadmill. 6.2 miles in 51:17   then swam 1600Meters in 27:08.

I am tapering for next week's marathon so probably not a lot of activity from me this week, just enough to stay lose. Maybe 6 miles monday, 3 miles Thursday, and maybe a mile or two on Friday to stay lose. We will see. I am looking so forward to my first marathon. My Personal goal is to finish in under 4:30:00. A big goal I know, but I believe I can do it.

-Dan
www.trimywill.com
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Sherry_Berry
on 12/6/08 6:47 am - Dacula, GA
You can do it!

What's your nutrition plan?

Your running schedule seems good for this week.

Swimming will NOT mess anything up, so stay loose in the pool too!
DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/6/08 7:54 am - Fort Worth, TX
Well here is what I have been doing and it has been working pretty good....

2 x Salt Tabs p/ hour

Electrolyte Drink Of Choice: Cliff Shot - Limade Flavor (Tart & Salty) Tastes awesome I carry 40 oz on nutrition belt and will be getting refills at 13 miles from my wife on the course

2 - 3 Cliff shot blocks every 30 minutes ( Strawberry Flavor is my fav) If I don't feel like salt tabs, sometimes I dip the shot blocks in salt and that tastes way good too!

I tried the goos, and it felt like I was sucking on a zit! (Sorry for the visual) but I did not like it too much. I probably need to learn to just get em down because they are a lot more convenient than carrying around the blocks and it is pretty hard to tape shot blocks to your bike! . Anyways, I have all winter to build my base and work out my nutrition, I am not too worried about the marathon, but an all day event like IM, you have to have a solid plan going into the day, and I deff need to work on mine!  It is hard for me to go a day without swimming, I really love it. My times are getting a lot better, but I still think I need to work on my efficiency a bit. I am not tired after I swim 5K but I deff think I need to work on extending and rotating my hips in the water a little more, and I tend to fly my left arm for whatever reason, but I am getting that under control now too. I am about to go pick up my VMAX Wetsuit and I am going to hit some open water in California next week. I will be there for 3 weeks over the holidays and will be pounding out some serious training in the ocean, running by the ocean, and cycling to the ocean from my fam's house! Take er easy!

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Sherry_Berry
on 12/6/08 8:22 am - Dacula, GA
Sounds like a good nutrition plan!

What kind of salt tabs you do? I do the salt stick caps, 215 mg salt per capsule.

I don't even know why people buy endurolytes...they have about 40mg a capsule. Same amount of capsules per bottle as salt stick...same price.

My infinit on the bike has a lot of salt.

On a regular, non IM run I like crank e gel cherry bomb.

In an IM my problem is everything non-liquid makes me feel yucky. I can sorta kinda a little tolerate the blocks. Looks like for me gatorade works the best. I don't drink it regularly.
MaryS
on 12/6/08 5:57 am - Long Island, NY
I ran 3 miles and did lots of stretching. It felt great.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Most Active