Holy Shizzle! Last night I just realized...

Sherry_Berry
on 12/3/08 7:36 pm - Dacula, GA
That today is my 5 year surgaversary!

5 years ago I would sweat trying to tie my shoes-weren't slip-ons great?

I was 25...hard to function daily at 348...

SherryBefore.jpg picture by soeur

SherryandIatthehospital.jpg image by soeur

Now I have much to CELEBRATE!

100_0538.jpg image by soeur  Sister madonna -huge inspiration to me!

P1000536.jpg image by soeur (I'm pink)

skirtsintransition.jpg picture by soeur

Here's one from the day before IMAZ with 2 other skirtsport sponsored gals!

Speaking of which, if you use my code you get 25% off through the holidays at www.skirtsport.com (not good in outlet) Used to be 15%

Code: SHERRYC
Sherry_Berry
on 12/3/08 8:04 pm - Dacula, GA

Never thought I'd be so proud to post this:

Sherry_Before1.jpg picture by soeur

Scott William
on 12/4/08 9:51 pm
I be down right disgusted posting a picture of a guy in a UCONN sweatshirt, too!

Seriously though.  Congrats on all your success.  You have inspired many!!!
Elisa K.
on 12/3/08 8:50 pm - Lumberton, NJ
Happy surgiversary Sherry!!! 
MaryS
on 12/3/08 9:20 pm - Long Island, NY
Sherry,

You do have much to celebrate. Congratulations on the amazing transformation; you certainly have made the most of the tool you were given.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Sherry_Berry
on 12/3/08 9:52 pm - Dacula, GA
It would be great if the tool still worked like it did as an early postie! I can get full quick...but am hungry an hour later. So for me at this point I need to make smart(er) choices and stay on the exercise. I'm convinced if I wasn't active I'd be at least 250 by now!!!
silvercb67
on 12/3/08 10:29 pm, edited 12/3/08 10:29 pm - MN
You look SPECTACULAR! Job well done.

puddin2day
on 12/4/08 12:51 am - Los Angeles, CA
Sherry,

Happy Surgiversery!!!

What an amazing transformation.  You have done a great job and is an inspiration to us all.

Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

panhead58fl
on 12/4/08 3:32 am - Barboursville, WV
Congratulations!

I find it very interesting what you said about you are convinced that if you weren't so active you would weigh 250 lbs. I am coming up on my 2 year surgaversary and I am coming to realize the same thing. I took a couple of weeks off after I ran the 1/2 marathon last month and I added on a few pounds and have been bouncing up and down trying to get them off and stay off. I can not imagine what it would be like if I just stopped or got hurt and couldn't run at all. Also like you I wish the tool still worked like it first did. I find that I can hold more, but do fill up and in an hour or two I am hungry again, really bad late at night.

You have been very successful and maybe it is because you have figured it out. I think even though the support people at my surgeons office told me I would have to make life style changes it took a while to realize they were telling the truth. 

Being that you are 5 yrs out I think that you are proof that weight loss surgery can be valid and successful tool.

pan head
Sherry_Berry
on 12/4/08 4:57 am - Dacula, GA
Just like you said, it's a tool. I gained weight over the summer in Ironman training. I think it was b/c I was eating out of boredom. I teach no school. Trust me. Bad habits creep on you fast! I lost all my weight in 9 months, after 18 months I had the "uh-oh" moment, and now I am like a regular person who can eat regular portions and needs to watch it.

I am bad late at night too.
Most Active