Opinion Wanted- weights/cardo question

missrocky
on 12/3/08 3:43 pm - Sherman Oaks, CA
RNY on 02/25/08 with
I NEED to switch up my workout...

I'm thinking a full body workout w/ weights 3 days and then cardo 3 days...
Mondays I usually do something cardio-ish outside of the gym (hiking, biking- whatever) so I guess that would be a 4th day of cardio technically...

What do you think? Too little cardo? Ok amount? Add something?

kitty lifting weights 
DSC00052-1.jpg picture by preciouspinkxxx  DSC00008.jpg picture by preciouspinkxxxwls5.jpg picture by preciouspinkxxxHPIM0194-3.jpg picture by preciouspinkxxxzoo2.jpg picture by preciouspinkxxx
The Many Faces of WLS

silvercb67
on 12/4/08 9:36 pm, edited 12/4/08 9:38 pm - MN
I always start out doing cardio for every workout & then weightlifting afterwards. Day 1, upper body. Day 2, lower body. Day 3, all cardio. 1 day off. Start over again. 

I just keep trying different things until something works.
Good Luck To You!

the7thdean
on 12/5/08 12:54 pm - GA
You might want to add some different exercises and a group exercise class -- my favorite is Body Pump but there are others.  When I'm working out I do at least 30 minutes of cardio everyday.  It's either cardio and upper body and the next day cardio and lower body.  I believe our bodies can become immune to the exercise if we maintain the same routine -- switch it up for about a month and see what happens.

And Ladies -- it's okay to put on muscle because the older we get the more muscle we lose.

Gracies
on 12/19/08 1:42 pm
3 days of cardio is enough unless you enjoy it a lot and really want to do more.  Muscle burns fat so ip the weights to build some more muscle.  As long as you can give yourself 48 hours in between the weight training you should be fine. 

********************* Don't go to Tijuana whatever you do*******************

Most Active