Wednesday Workouts...

DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/3/08 1:24 am, edited 12/3/08 9:21 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys,

I hope you all are well. I am still feeling a little under the weather but made it to the gym this morning and swam 1600 meters (1 Mile) 28:09. I am planning on doing a long run this evening. It will be my last in preparation for my marathon next week, and then taper for the next 10 days. I am going to run between 20-22 miles tonight, although my flexors are still a little tender from Saturdays 20 miler. Anyways, hope you all are well and am anxious to hear what everyone did today to continue to, as Sherry put it, "Really Change" your lifestyle.

Continued...Here's how the long run  in the cooooooold weather and 15-20 mph winds went, needless to say I cut it a bit short:
Weight: Height:
Activity:
Time Taken: 2:26:14
# Laps  1 Total: 14.4miles
Avg. Pace: 10:06min/mi Your BMI (?)27
Avg. Speed: 5.97mi/hr Calories: 2110

-Dan
www.trimywill.com
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com">a>
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Scott William
on 12/3/08 1:35 am
Aah, you beat me by 6 minutes.

Anyway, I did 18 miles today and my goal was 12 minute pace.  I nailed it to the second without altering my pace.  I had more at the end.  That puts me on PR pace by about 8 minutes.  Factor in a half the day before and the fact that Disney will most likely be hot and sticky - again and I am shooting for another :just finish".  There is another marathon in Vermont three weeks later that I am contemplating for PR purposes.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
havoc103
on 12/3/08 2:52 am - Rio Rancho, NM
Well no marathon here, at least for now.
I've hit a bit of a stall in the weightloss so I tried to mix it  up this morning. Instead of my regular 1 hour on the elliptical; this morning I started with 10 mins on the stair climber. 30 mins on the elliptical and then 15 mins on the treadmill. Keeping fingers crossed I see some downward movement!
Seht
on 12/3/08 3:25 am
30 minute run, 30 minute ride

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

MaryS
on 12/3/08 8:54 am - Long Island, NY
I did a three mile run today. Thankfully there is a gym where I work, I took at break at 5:30 and got my workout in. I'm just leaving for now (it's 8:00 here) - there is no way I would have felt like working out now.

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Cassie W.
on 12/3/08 9:00 am
Spin class was full, so I did 20 minutes elliptical; 30 minutes treadmill.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

silvercb67
on 12/3/08 9:11 am - MN
1 Hour cardio/20 minutes weightlifting.

cschoen
on 12/3/08 9:22 am, edited 12/3/08 9:22 am - NJ
What is this tracking tool that you are using?  Looks interesting.

Today was the "muscle works" class at work.  45 minutes of weights and abs.  The I did the Qi Gong class, which was awesome (another 40 minutes).

Cyndi, Leader, OH Groups,
Northern NJ Stalwarts
and (the slow-growing) Keeping It Kosher After WLS

"I want my unwarranted optimism back!" Dilbert

Elisa K.
on 12/3/08 9:37 am - Lumberton, NJ
I went to the gym, and worked on upper body and abs, and jumped a little rope.  I love Wed. nights at the gym - the studio is empty, so I have it all to myself!!
saxman007
on 12/3/08 11:02 am - Port Huron, MI
 Started my run a little later than I wanted (in the dark) and the weather was about 37 and misty/raining, in addition I'm at my folks as I have my pre-admission testing so haven't marked any of the miles.  When I started out I thought, man this is gonna suck, well about a 1/2 mile into the run I knew it wasn't gonna suck but actually be a great run.  I ended up doing a little over 5 miles and felt great the whole way through.  Wore different shoes and have decided that my Asics just aren't for me.  All in all it was an absolutely great run in weather only other runners/exercise nuts can appreciate as being great!
--Sax
Most Active