IMAZ-not the OFFICIAL RR...that's coming.

Sherry_Berry
on 12/2/08 11:45 am - Dacula, GA
Hi!

I saw the thread thanks for the nice words! You are all true ROCKSTARS!!!

Think about it...how many posties do you know that REALLY changed their lifestyle?
Not many on my side of town...just sayin!

Anyhoo-We're our own worst critic. I totally effeffed up the marathon. I shoulda been under 5:30 no problem. I did 7:19 or something similar! Run was hot. My back hurt the moment I hopped on the bike. I don't know for sure if it was the accident or a genuine case of sandbagging!

I lost my chip on the swim and lost more time getting a new one (swim time was slower than it really was). That said, I couldn't go anywhere the first 5 minutes...I shoulda been under a 1:15.

Bike went as planned (at least something did).
I got HR down first lap. Kept in down second (had to stop to pee b/c this time I couldn't pee moving-AND special needs stop).
Third lap I went into my z3 (out of 4) and was pleased over all! PR for that!

Run. Well. Let's call it the Death March. Very upset w/myself.

But...how many people have a medal in the shape of a cactus?

Pics will be posted soon!

I got remarried in vegas by elvis.

Saw the grand canyon in snow.

Got my first facial in sedona.

All in all...life is grand.

Shizzle. I wanna break 14. I shoulda done it.

In retrospect...a lot of atlanta had trouble in the dry heat. My pro friend April Gellatly was looking at a 9:45. She got a 13:45. I'm so proud of her for finishing. Most pros woulda dropped!

My friend John Jacobs was PUKING during the 'thon.

Never thought I'd do a desert race. I'd do it over again in a heartbeat!

Lots of pics to share soon!

Thanks for the encouragement.

Always an adventure!
Sherry_Berry
on 12/2/08 11:48 am - Dacula, GA
Oh...official shout-out to hubby! He put up w/3 IM in a year!

IMFL 07 (14:19)

IMLP 08 (16:09)

IMAZ 00 nov (15:05)

Lots of time spent training. Lots of time ignoring hubby.

Now everyone is asking when we start the family.
DANCBJAMMIN
on 12/2/08 12:30 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Can't wait to hear full report. It is awesome that you finished. I have heard that IMAZ has the highest Attrition Rate of all Ironman's... Close to 20%.. WHOA!

Anyways, congrats again, you're a champ in my book!

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Rob S.
on 12/2/08 8:12 pm - DE
Incredible job!  Sounds like you at least figured out how to beat the mind games.  That training is so intense. Sedona is such a cool place.  Wow, what's next?
Rob
Elisa K.
on 12/2/08 8:35 pm - Lumberton, NJ

Congratuations Sherry!!  Even though it wasn't exactly what you had hoped for, you should be so proud of yourself!!  Like you said, not too many post-ops really change their lifestyles - you totally have!  You are such an inspiration to so many of us here!  Thank you for that!!

MaryS
on 12/2/08 8:40 pm - Long Island, NY
Sherry,

Right you are that not many REALLY changed their lifestyles. Major kudos to you for completing the race. I can't wait to read more about it and see the pictures.

Mary

5'6" - 302/155-158 

Check my success story on my surgeon's website: my story
Check my blog: LosingForLife.com
Ran NYC Marathon 11/4/07 5:27:06

Seht
on 12/3/08 12:37 am
Awesome Job Sherry,

Finishing that race was an increadible task.

I'm waiting to hear the full race report.

Congrats again.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

kypdurran
on 12/3/08 1:05 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Great job Sherry.  Arizona was definitely not an easy course this year and you did an awesome job!   You'll break 14...  or 12 on the next one.  :) 

Good luck with the baby making.   If you tackle that like you have Ironman you're gonna be raising the 2030 Kona champion! 

I talked to my buddy that did the race last weekend.  He finished with a 9:35 and get this...  he was FIFTH in his age group and did not get a slot to Kona.   9:35 was good enough to WIN his age group in some of the races later on in the season earlier this year that were qualifyers for Kona.   Goes to show you how tough the competition is getting.

Best of luck!

Chad
www.team464.com

Judi J.
on 12/3/08 1:54 am - MN
you are incredible

glad you are focusing on what you HAVE accomplished. amazing

congrats!
Kevin A.
on 12/3/08 12:24 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Sounds like a great trip!! You are an amazing competitor!! Can't wait for the real report!! Congrats on another finish!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Most Active