joined a gym....now what?

ldyminerva
on 12/2/08 2:21 am - Capital area, MI

I should know what to do but i don't, so i'll give you some info and you tell me what to do.

I'm 32, I'm 7 months post-op, I'm down 121 pounds and feeling great.

My plan is to go at least 3 times a week, and do 20 minutes of cardio (on an elipical thing, and increasing that 20 by 5 minutes every week or so) and then do 20 minutes of weight machines.....I'd like to do them on the same day. but is this a good plan? Do i have to split them up, if i don't should i do cardio 1st or weight training? I have no idea what to do and i can't afford the gym let alone the trainer!

Please help

Jenny - HW 350/ SW 325/CW 222

"I'm a pretty pretty princess, damnit!"

MacMadame
on 12/2/08 4:54 am - Northern, CA
Honestly, I don't think it matters that much. Assuming you don't have some lofty goal with a deadline or want to be an elite athlete in a particular sport, that is.

I used to do 20 minutes of cardio and then one circuit of the weight machines with instructions (what I thought of as the baby machines) when I had a gym membership at a chain gym. It worked for me at the time.

I would suggest adding stretching in there at the end. Otherwise, you'll find everything tightening up from the strength training.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

ldyminerva
on 12/3/08 5:50 am - Capital area, MI
That's true, i should stretch! I just got back and now i'm "shakey"

Sherry_Berry
on 12/3/08 10:09 am - Dacula, GA
Are you shaky b/c you overworked your muscles or are going hypoglycemic.

After weights I like to eat a bar or something.
wmcconk
on 12/4/08 11:26 pm - Fircrest, WA
I love taking the classes at the gym. They are great for trying new workouts and meeting new people. If you like to dance I highly reccommend Zumba! It's so much fun!

I lost my weight with Weight Watcher's & Zumba. I've lost 302 lbs. You can visit my weight loss website at www.freewebs.com/infectiouslaughter
I'll be in the Jan. 2012 issue of People Magazine's "Half Their Weight" issue!!

ldyminerva
on 12/5/08 12:39 am - Capital area, MI
My gym doesn't offer classes. Zumba does look like fun and i might take that after i finish up with the Belly Dancing classes!

Most Active