Treadmills

Lynn J
on 11/29/08 9:24 pm - LA
I am getting ready to buy a treadmill.  Does anyone have any recommendations for Brands or features?

Lynn J
Lap RNY 9/29/04
5' 4"
306/146/135
MacMadame
on 11/30/08 4:47 am - Northern, CA
Having used about 4 different treadmills in the past two months, here is what I've observed:

1) Not all treadmills fit all people. For example, I'm short and one of the treadmills I was on wouldn't let me reach the heart rate monitor without practically stepping on the front part (i.e., OFF the treadmill part).

2) Heart monitors are great IF they are accurate. An inaccurate one is worse than nothing.

3) What kind of programs you will need depend on your goals. I pretty much just use manual so lots of extra programs are wasted on me. OTOH, some people love to shake things up and having lots of programs is great for that.

4) I really need a treadmill with a safety clip. Otherwise I am clinging to the rails convinced I'll fall off and kill myself.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Lynn J
on 11/30/08 10:13 am - LA
Thanks for the help.  We really don't need all the programs.  We just want a well made machine.

Lynn J
Lap RNY 9/29/04
5' 4"
306/146/135
slottinville
on 11/30/08 7:50 am - Kingsland, GA
A featue I liked on mine is the incline button.  When I didn't feel like running, but needed the cardio to stay elevated, I'd raise the incline as if I was walking up a hill. 

I still have the treadmill, but have "graduated" to doing my running outside and doing CrossFit.

Treadmills are great to get started and super for having during inclement weather.

Good luck finding something you're happy with!
Lynn J
on 11/30/08 10:17 am - LA
We do want an incline.  What brand do you have?  Do you like the brand?

Lynn J
Lap RNY 9/29/04
5' 4"
306/146/135
slottinville
on 12/14/08 5:51 am - Kingsland, GA
Hello,

Finally found time to get back online.  My treadmill is a ProForm "personal trainer."  I bought it at a Sears in 2000.  It folds up so it takes up as little as possible space. 

Kennedy12
on 11/30/08 10:58 am - Chicago, IL
I have a LifeFitness T7-0 and I love it! It has tons of programs, so I don't get bored with it and it has a 15% incline on it. You can also adjust the base from firm to less firm for better shock absorption. It has everything I wanted and I am very pleased with it.

Jillian
Phase 1 Plastic Surgery Completed 9/9/09 with Dr. Siamak Agha.

Most Active