Saturday Workouts!!

Elisa K.
on 11/29/08 12:55 am - Lumberton, NJ
Hi Everyone!!  I'll get this one started today.

Got up early and did a 3 mile run with my running group.  I did not want to get out of bed this morning - it was way too cold!  I can't wait for Spring - LOL!!

So, what is everyone else up to, today?
Mifiremedic
on 11/29/08 1:26 am - MI
Well I had a much needed fill this past week, and since then have felt pretty good. Dont have much restriction, but I just dont feel hungry all the time. What a concept.

Well I did a nice 3.5 mile run in 40 minutes. Overall I feel pretty good especially since I havent been doing much running since Augustish. Well I did get in a nice run Thanksgiving day, so I must be back on the wagon.

Might even do a bike ride this evening (indoors).....

Thanks for asking
DANCBJAMMIN
on 11/29/08 2:13 am - Fort Worth, TX
Today I had a long run.... 19 miles at an average pace of 9:52. I have one more long run next week, then taper for the 26.2 mile marathon on Dec 14th. Take care ya'll.

-Dan
www.trimywill.com
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Rob S.
on 11/29/08 2:50 am - DE
Did another 16-mile run today.  It was a lot easier than the first one.  Not sure if was my new running shoes, my new compression calf guards, or the naprosyn that I started on this week.  Anyway, 16-miles completed in 2:45.  No problems or pain in the hamstrings or calves, so I heartily recommend the compression guards.  They are not cheap, and they do look dorky, but they are well worth the money.  Two more long runs in December (18 and 20 miles) and three short ones (12 miles), and then on to Disney in 2009.
Rob
Cassie W.
on 11/29/08 4:57 am
I did a 1-hour spin class and 35 minutes on the treadmill - 25 minutes of that was a slow run with NO PAIN in the hip.  Over the next 7 weeks, I'll continue to slowly increase my ratio of running time vs. cross training time in hopes of still running the Disney marathon.  I have my fingers crossed and just keep working the stretches, strengthening and cross-training.  We'll see.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Seht
on 11/29/08 3:07 am
30 minutes on the treadmill, 30 minutes on the bike.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 11/29/08 9:39 am - Missoula, MT
Great job, Elisa!

I didn't get going very early today.  Not sure if it was good or bad...

Today's run was to be 18 miles, but I'd already decided that if I make 16 it would be good enough.  Still have quite a few long runs before January.  I decided to go it a little slower than normal (6.5) to see if it would help.  Although I made it the 16, I did walk a couple times.  Total time for 16 miles (including the walking) was 2:33:27.  Although the last 2.5 miles liked to kill me and I slowed my run pace to 6.3mph, I still think that just making it the 16 was a VERY big plus in my training.  Makes me have less doubt about getting enough training for the RNR Arizona in January.

Linn
Elisa K.
on 11/29/08 10:26 pm - Lumberton, NJ
That's awesome Linn!!  Yah for not giving up!! 
havoc103
on 11/29/08 11:14 am - Rio Rancho, NM
wow, you guys give me inspiration!
I did 1 hr on the elliptical and 10 mins on the treadmil.

silvercb67
on 11/29/08 10:44 pm - MN
I did 45 minutes cardio (treadmill + bike) & 15 minutes weightlifting.

Most Active