Turkey Trot Thursday Reports & Workouts......

victoria R.
on 11/28/08 8:14 am - goose creek, SC
I went for a run with hubby.  He is a great runner and before I wouldnt have even considered keeping up with him.  I still can't keep up with him but I stayed within sight of him for the duration.  We did about 3 miles and I'm having some congestion issues so I was really proud of making myself get up and get going!  Had a great day, ate more than I should have but not as much as I could have.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

cbrock1592
on 11/28/08 10:44 am - New Haven, CT
I did a 5k for the local YMCA.
Wanted to beat my October 5k time of 28:11.

I finished in 26:52 (8:43 min/mile).

Thinking about doing another on in December.  My trainer wants me to jump to the 1/2 marathon.  I'm not so sure yet =)

Christine
band date: August 1, 2007
Band Removal Date:  Sept 30, 2008
Highest Weight: 355 lbs
Day of Surgery: 231 lbs
Current Weight: 185 lbs

Mamaz2ndbaby
on 11/30/08 9:25 pm
I did Turkey Trot here in Charlotte NC.  It's my second race and I was very proud of myself cause I worked on pacing myself this race and shaved a lil over 4 minutes off of my last time for a finish time of 38.08 (official says 38.10).  My goal is to be under 35 minutes in feb. when I do my next race.  Wooohhooooo!!! 

Never in my wildest dreams thought I would take up running for fun. MOST DEFINTELY never thought I would be up in the wee hours of the am on Thanksgiving preparing for and competing in a race.  Am I mad?!?  lol 
Most Active