Tae Kwon Do classes anyone?

Kim27sd
on 11/26/08 1:17 am - Sioux Falls, SD
I am looking at changing my cardio routine and want to add Tae Kwon Do. I went to a couple of Tae Kwon Do classes years ago and liked it, and at 300 pounds it really gave me a work out. Anyone post op taken up Tae Kwon Do and did you feel you got a good enough work out? I am just worried that it won't be enough since I do a much more intense workout now.

Seht
on 11/26/08 2:34 am
I think you will get what you put into it.  Some of the cardio kickboxing classes, or regular boxing classes are a great cardio workout.  The regular martial arts classes don't tend to be focused as much on fitness as they are techniques.  You might be able to do an occasional private lesson with the instructor and tell them what you are looking for.

I'm not sure what your class is like, but we always had a good 30 minutes of warmup exercises before class.  Situps, pushups, ab work, jumping jacks etc.  Then we would get into the technique portion of class.

Give it a try see if you can sign up for just a month and see if you are getting the kind of workout you want.  You might want to use it as an additional exercise, not as something to replace what you are already doing. 

Good luck and have fun with it.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active