Tuesday Workouts

Ruby R.
on 11/24/08 9:38 pm
I am new at this board, so pls be patient with me.  I have had a back and a knee injury, so can not do a lot.   I walked two miles this morning and hope to get in a bit more.

Thanks for letting me post.  I am hoping this board will encourage me.

Ruby Rosebud
rny 3/11/2005
262/125/140
hi/lo/today
5'1"
62 years old  
havoc103
on 11/24/08 10:46 pm - Rio Rancho, NM
one hour on the elliptical this morning.

rny 8/7/08
322/251/140
high/today/goal
5'4"
32 years old
Mifiremedic
on 11/25/08 12:52 am - MI
One hour? WOW, I get bored after about 30 mins. I need to watch something or someone to stay on that long.
Mifiremedic
on 11/25/08 12:51 am - MI
Great job on the waling this morning...
nicoleok
on 11/25/08 1:50 am, edited 11/25/08 1:51 am - Montreal, Canada
i`m new too, and also hoping this board will help out. i`ve been reading here for a few days and people seem super knowledgeable, though it`s nice to see there are some newbies too :)

i did week 1 workout 1 of couch to 5k on the treadmill (jog 5mph, walk 3.3-3.5mph, 285cals). no weights yet because i`ve been told not to for at least 1 month post-op.

nicole :)

lap DS Nov 7, 2008
HW 280 SW 265 CW 253 GW 155
Ruby R.
on 11/25/08 1:57 am
Sounds like you did wonderful.  Be careful and do not hurt yourself.  I have done that a couple of times.

Ruby.
Linn D.
on 11/25/08 6:42 am - Missoula, MT
Hey Ruby, glad to have you.  On this board you never have to feel badly about what you can or cannot do.  This is a pretty supportive community, and all we try to do is encourage people to do what they are able.  We applaud the successes and are there for support when things don't go well.

You did great today!

I'm heading out to a spin class and am going to force myself into doing my upper body weights.

Linn
Cassie W.
on 11/25/08 8:47 am
Welcome Ruby & Nicole.  This is a great place to come for motivation and information.  We all started out as newbies!

This morning, I did 40 minutes on the treadmill, including 12 minutes at a slow jog.  I followed that up with lower body strength training.  Tomorrow will be spent cleaning house - that should be a good six-hour job.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

victoria R.
on 11/25/08 11:11 am - goose creek, SC
Welcome, I did an hour training session with my trainer, she had me do some running drills outside (about 2 miles) then we did some upper body strength training and some good stretching and ab work.  I had a busy errand filled afternoon with lots of walking and lifting involved. 

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

DANCBJAMMIN
on 11/25/08 11:11 am - Fort Worth, TX

Welcome to all the newbies! It's awesome to see more joining the fold.

Today I ran 9 miles on the treadmill and averaged 6.2MPH

I don't want to over do it because I want to post a really good time on my 10K Turkey Trot on Thursday. (I am hoping to break the 52 minute threshold)). I have an 18 mile run scheduled for Saturday morning with some friends, the following week will be 20-22 mile Long Run, then I will be ready the following week for the 26.2 mile Dallas Marathon.

If I don't get a chance to post tomorrow, HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! I will surely post my race results once I get them. Take care.....

-Dan
www.trimywill.com

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Most Active