bummed

nursebren
on 11/20/08 6:59 am
I have been regularly exercising 3-5 times a week. I have been running 2-3 miles on treadmill 2 times a week and doing elliptical on the other days as well as light weights. But this week i couldnt even run a mile. i felt tired while exercising instead of energized. what could be causing my decease in stamina. I am really bummed!

brenda
kypdurran
on 11/20/08 7:50 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Hi Brenda.  Sorry to hear that.   It may be as simple as you aren't allowing your body enough time to recover.    You may be overtraining.   Are you giving yourself enough time to rest between workouts?

Another issue that you may be having is you don't have enough variation in your workouts.  Do you mix up your exercise routine so you don't do the same exact thing everytime?  

Best of luck.

Chad
www.team464.com

Linn D.
on 11/20/08 8:37 pm - Missoula, MT
There's also the possiblility your iron is low or you don't have good glycogen restoration after exercising.

I noticed within the first week of eating something immediately after a hard workout that my workouts 3-4 days later didn't suck so bad.

Research shows that a 4:1 carb:protein ration within 30-60 minutes after a workout aids in glycogen restoration in the muscles.

Another possibility: how are your shoes?  I can tell right away when I need new ones.

Linn
Most Active