Need workout routine!!!

GrwdDani
on 11/19/08 1:47 am - IN
I am 5 weeks postop and have started working out.  We have a gym here at work, complete with a bowflex and multi-gym, treadmill, and eiptical.  I am doing good with the cardio but I am stuck with the other.  I know how to do the other machine but don't know how much of what to do. 

Does anyone have any recommendations?
kypdurran
on 11/19/08 2:07 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Hi there. 

If you are working out for toning purposes and not necessarily strength then stick to low weight (40 - 50% of your max) and do high repetitions (12 - 15 reps).   Do 2 to 3 sets per body part you are working and you have a workout.  

I dunno much about the BowFlex system other than what I've seen in their commercials, but I would assume that you can do pretty much all body parts with the setup you have?   In the past I was a big fan of doing one body part per day but lately, since I have limited time in my training schedule to lift weights, I try to do a total body workout routine.   You have to just figure out what works for you and most importantly what you enjoy doing.     

If you've never lifted weights then you may want to solicit the aid of a personal trainer for a session or two.   A trainer will set you up with a training plan and walk you through how to properly complete the each of the exercises and lifts. 

Best of luck!

Chad

MacMadame
on 11/19/08 3:03 am - Northern, CA
I feel the same way. We have all the standard weight machines in our gym at work plus free weights. But there are no instructions at all and I'm always sure I'm doing it wrong! This is why I have been sticking to the bike and treadmill. Those I know how to do.

But I want to have some strength training at least one day a week.

I think I'm going to have to break down and hire a trainer. The only problem is that there are only two authorized to work at our gym and one I'm sure is not WLS friendly and the other I don't know about. So my response has been to do nothing...

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active