Final Thoughts heading into IMAZ

Sherry_Berry
on 11/17/08 7:54 pm - Dacula, GA
Well, my super-secret goal was to win the Athena category. I googled all my competitors. I had a really shot of winning if I put it all out there on race day.

Well, flippin' NA sports took away the athena and Clydes category (they run all the IM except for Louisville in the continental US/Canada).

With that said, I'm ready. Can't let that get me too down. If all goes as planned, I should get a PR at this distance. I'm wiser having 2 of these behind me. My only worry is nutrition. I didn't have a chance to check my whole nutrition plan due to the accident. In both Ironman Florida and Lake Placid I had serious water gain. Seems like once I hit the run I blow up. IMFL was a 20 pound gain from weigh-in. IMLP said 20 pounds, but I think their weigh-in scale was wrong.

I'm back to my IMFL race weight...10 pounds down from Lake Placid weight. The biggest challenge for us endurance people is not GAINING during the taper. I've been losing. I need to stay down, but eat well enough to be fueled for the race.

I'll be leaving on Thursday, getting into town late afternoon. I will be solo until Sat-hubby flies in day before the race. This could be a good thing or a bad thing. I'm a people person, but I don't have to worry about pleasing anyone but myself.

I'll register Friday morning after the Gatorade swim. Banquet/race meeting Friday night. (Would be good to have company there!)

So, if you want to track me I'm bib #2126.

On sunday, 7AM mountain time the cannon goes boom and the washing machine of a swim begins.

Go to www.ironmanlive.com . Go to the athlete tracker...type in the bib number.

Later in the evening start tracking the marathon. If you time it correctly, you'll be able to see me finish.

I'm not putting up projected leg times. I guess I get a little superstitious with that.
Rob S.
on 11/17/08 8:06 pm - DE
Good luck, Sherry.  Looking forward to tracking your success.  I just can't imagine going through a major event like that.  Training for my first marathon has been so intense, and to pour two other events on top of that is incredible.  You are certainly an inspiration.  Just remember that many of our living through your achievements.
Stay healthy, strong and have fun.
Rob
Elisa K.
on 11/17/08 8:43 pm - Lumberton, NJ
Best of luck Sherry!!  Seriously - I am in awe of your accomplishments - you have been such an inspiration to me!!  I will be tracking your progress.  Have fun!!
DANCBJAMMIN
on 11/17/08 8:59 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Sherry,

You rock ! I can't wait to see your results. You have worked so hard, and it all comes to a head on Sunday morning. You are the man! Good luck with the nutrition, as they say just don't try anything new on race day, go with what has always worked, you are going to do great. I will be tracking results and cheering you on. Go ahead and bring a big ol can of Georgia Whoop Ass to Arizona!

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Kevin A.
on 11/17/08 10:24 pm, edited 11/17/08 10:24 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
I'm getting excited just thinking about your race!!! I'll be keep track of your progress. Looking forward to reading your report!!

Best wishes!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
kypdurran
on 11/17/08 11:18 pm - Baton Rouge, LA
Best of luck Sherry!  I've got my fingers crossed that you get your 11.5 hour race. ;)
(deactivated member)
on 11/17/08 11:55 pm - Island Heights, NJ
Go Sherry!
I was jus****ching IMLP on Versus last night while spending 2 hours riding on the trainer (watching my pal, Jacqui Gordon take 5th!) and was thinking about you!

Good luck on Sunday... I'll be tracking You!

Mifiremedic
on 11/18/08 2:39 am - MI
Okay Okay..

I think I need to add you to my triathlon "Hero list". I am in awe at you and your accomplishments. So the other two people on my list need to scoot over so Sherry can have a seat.

I wish you the best of luck with this weekends IM. I WILL be checking on periodically to see how youre doing.

Curt
Seht
on 11/18/08 5:46 am
Good luck Sherry,

I'm wishing the best for you.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 11/18/08 8:27 am - Missoula, MT
You go Girl!

Rock on sister, and have a fun and fabulous race!

Linn
Most Active