I am in trouble now

jon1970
on 11/17/08 12:55 pm
Well I have been following a training plan for the Phoenix R&R Marathon. Saturday I ran 15 miles came home and registered for the race.

I still can not get my arms around the idea of running a marathon. I guess that since I have registered I have to continue to follow the training plan and run the race. Wish me luck.

Jon
Linn D.
on 11/18/08 8:23 am - Missoula, MT
Yea Jon!!!!

I'm glad you bit the bullet and just did it!

That's the one I'm signed up for.  I got my email confirmation of entry a week or so ago and just bought the plane tickets, so I'm committed as well.

You're going to have a great race!  It's a nice course, too.

Linn
victoria R.
on 11/18/08 10:20 pm - goose creek, SC
Jon
I committed to doing a sprint triathlon in March.  Since I've committed to it I have to train for it, no backing out now.  Good luck with your training and marathon.  It will be worth it when you cross the finish line (so I'm told).

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

kypdurran
on 11/18/08 11:57 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Congrats Jon!  Crossing the finish line of your first marathon will be one of the most amazing and rewarding experiences of your life.   Enjoy the journey!

Chad

saxman007
on 11/19/08 11:49 am - Port Huron, MI
 Way to go Jon!!!  Coming from somebody who just completed his first marathon it's such  a great experience!!!  It's still amazing that I've done it, and I can't wait to do my next one!!
--sax
Most Active