Sunday Workouts!!

Linn D.
on 11/17/08 5:35 am - Missoula, MT
I got the shoes at my local running store.  They're really great there  I'll see about getting them exchanged later this week when I have time to try on some more shoes.  I have a low arch but don't overpronate so I'm in a neutral shoe

The shoe is Saucony Triumph 5.  They felt really good in the store on my sore feet, but I'm having a lot of trouble running on them.  Saturday was my second attempt.  They don't rub anywhere, but I'm also not getting the response I'm used to getting.  My favorite is the Brooks Defyance, they just didn't have any more in my size at the store.

Thanks for responding Sherry.
Sherry_Berry
on 11/17/08 10:18 am - Dacula, GA
I assume you got a gait analysis w/video? Running stores should do it for free. The only other thing I can think of is if you supinate (roll to the outside). Assuming you really don't over pronote.
If a shoe has too much stability (I can't wear motion control) then the outsides of my feet hurt.

I ran in a bad pair of kayanos a few years back. They ruined my marathon training. I was hurt for like 6 months. They will take the shoes back. They want to keep your business. They should be able to have the shoes you want in your size in like a week's time.
Linn D.
on 11/17/08 11:35 am - Missoula, MT
No video, but the owner of the store also coaches and did a gait analysis before selling me the first pair of Brooks.  Best shoe for me I EVER ran in.  I also got a pair of Saucony Ride (I think).  Like them okay, just like the Brooks better.

That's actually the reason I went in the store in the first place.  I'd been running on stability shoes and was prone to IT band trouble.  I wanted him to look at my gait and get a good shoe for me.  I was happy with the ones he picked out, just didn't have the Brooks in my size this time.  I also wanted to try another shoe to relace the Sauconys.  I did get a pair of Asics I like and will keep, but I'll have to see about getting another pair of the Brooks.

Thanks again Sherry
Cassie W.
on 11/16/08 10:26 am
30 minutes fast walk on the treadmill.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Most Active