Sunday Workouts!!

Elisa K.
on 11/16/08 5:38 am - Lumberton, NJ
Hey Everyone!!
I'll get this one started today.  I went out for a 6 mile run.  This is the furthest I've ever done - yah me!!  I did it in about 1:15. 

I think I may be more of a longer distance runner - I feel like I get into a groove after the 3 mile mark.  I've been running 5Ks, but I am thinking of going for the longer distances.  I feel like I can't "settle down" when running a 5K.  

So, what's everyone else up to today?? 
Mifiremedic
on 11/16/08 6:30 am - MI
Congrats on your 6 mile run.

I did a measly 1 mile run, I was looking at doing 3 miles, but I wasnt properly dressed, and cut the run short.
Elisa K.
on 11/16/08 7:16 am - Lumberton, NJ
Hey - at least you got off the couch - many people can not say the same!! 
Mifiremedic
on 11/16/08 7:18 am - MI
I did, and I am getting dressed for some time on the bike while doing a spinerval video.
Sherry_Berry
on 11/16/08 7:34 am - Dacula, GA
Elisa is a ba-dass!!!!!!!! Way to go!

Mr. Fireman...do you know your correct VO2 max? If so, try spinnerval...Time Trial Palooza #22. That thing is a KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome workout that leaves you completely TAPPED at the end! Then...ya gotta find it in you to run!
Mifiremedic
on 11/16/08 7:43 am - MI
I havent had any of the testing done yet, but plan to very soon... What does my VO2 max have to do with spinervals? ha ha
Sherry_Berry
on 11/16/08 7:56 am - Dacula, GA
Ummmmmmmmm because the ones I do have you go a certain % of your target HR.

He also uses info, like power threshold stuff w/power meters...but unless I'm at deathspin, I have no clue what power I'm pushing.
Mifiremedic
on 11/16/08 8:02 am - MI
Oh.. That makes perfect sense... And your smart
Linn D.
on 11/16/08 9:54 am - Missoula, MT

Had a bad run yesterday - only made 7 of the 16 I was supposed to do.  Body wasn't cooperating and I'd had enough by the 3rd potty stop.  Aslo was using one of my new pairs of shoes I got last week.  I guess that pair isn't going to work for the long or fast runs.  Too squishy and my legs felt like lead.

So, today I put on different shoes - also new but the same shoe I just recently wore out.  It was a much better run even on tired legs.  Only did 7 miles again, but the lady on the tread next to me there at the end had on some perfume and I don't do well with that.

I feel better now, though.  I was getting worried that I wouldn't be able to get the training miles in for the marathon in January.  I'll use the squishy shoes for recovery runs and the other 2 pair for the long and speed runs.  Should go better now.

Linn

Sherry_Berry
on 11/16/08 5:25 pm - Dacula, GA
Where'd you get the shoes? Which model?

Once reason I use a running store is because you can return them after they're run in.
Most Active