1 Year Stall

Sharese Smith
on 11/13/08 9:01 am

I need some advise......I am one-year out and 4 days! I have lose 125lbs, however, I keep going up and down 5 to 6lbs! I exercise 3 -4 times a week for a couple of hours! I just can't seem to get back on track! I want to lose an additional 80lbs! Can someone help me?

donnainhouston
on 11/13/08 10:38 pm - League City, TX
This is very similar to my problem, so I feel for you.  :(  That said, because i fight a similar problem I'm not sure I am the best to respond, but I can share with you some places to start...

Are you journaling your food?  If so, take note of your macronutrients. Are they inline with what your surgeon expects?  Are you getting enough protein, carbs and fat?  Everyone is different, but a lot of people here say they do a 4:1 ratio of Carb:Protein because of their workout regimes.

If you're not journaling your food, it's probably a good thing to start doing.  If you bite it, write it.  There are free tools like SparkPeople.com and Fitday.com.  Journal and be honest with yourself... write everything you bite.  Then look at it and see where you might be able to make changes.

Do you always use the same workout routine?  Maybe change it up.  If you always do the same kind of cardio, trade it for something else.. something new.  Even change the time of day that you workout.  Something to shake your body up.

Be sure you're taking your vitamins and drinking your water. 

Lastly, don't give up! 

Donna :)

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

Most Active