I am PISSED ...LA Marathon

puddin2day
on 11/11/08 1:06 am - Los Angeles, CA
The guy (don't know his name) who owns the Dodgers now owns the rights to the L.A. Marathon.  First the L.A. Marathon was in March, then they moved it to President's Day weekend.  When the owner received pressure from the mayor the city counsel, he changed it again to Memorial Day weekend.  Who do you know that is going to run in all of that heat?  I'm not.  I am so disappointed because I live here in L.A., so naturally I would want to do my first marathon in my hometown. Oh well, I guess my first marathon will be San Diego Rock n' Roll in June?
I feel sorry for people who had made travel arrangements and now have to either cancel or pay a second penalty.

Kim
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Brian W.
on 11/11/08 1:41 pm - Belmont, CA
Wow that really sucks.  I think you are talking about Frank McCourt, who owns the Dodgers.

Well, I'm planning to run the SD marathon too as my first, so joing me   lets pressure Kevin and Kirsten to do the same haha

Brian
~350
puddin2day
on 11/11/08 11:58 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Great Brian!  I will get to meet you , and do my first marathon. 

Kirsten & Kevin... where are you???????????

Kevin A.
on 11/13/08 12:01 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
I'm retired from those long runs!!! But I would do the bike tour!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
puddin2day
on 11/13/08 12:56 am - Los Angeles, CA
Retired???

Kirsten :-)
on 11/13/08 4:28 am - Agoura Hills, CA
Retired?  I've heard that many times before!!!!!  You will never retire!  Besides, I don't think San Diego has a bike tour!
Kevin A.
on 11/13/08 1:51 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Yep but that was before I ran 2 marathons!!! But like a old boxer I can always make a come back!!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Kirsten :-)
on 11/14/08 2:22 am - Agoura Hills, CA
WHATEVER!!!!!  You're a junkie now....you know you can't quit!!!! 
donnainhouston
on 11/11/08 9:36 pm - League City, TX

That stinks!  But if it's any consolation, I hear the "rocknroll" series events are tons of fun!  Plus, there are worse placed to do a marathon other than San Diego, right?

It's okay to get ticked about it, I'd be too, but remember, you'll have fun and achieve no matter where you'll run!

Donna :)

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

puddin2day
on 11/11/08 11:57 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Donna, you are so right.   That is why I am going to aim for the San Diego Rock n' Roll.  My running coach said that San Diego has more fan support than the Huntington Beach Surf Series.  I wanted to do their half because their medals are so cool.

Kim

Most Active