Saturday Workout!!

Elisa K.
on 11/8/08 12:12 am, edited 11/8/08 12:57 am - Lumberton, NJ
Hi Everyone!!

This morning I ran 2.75 miles with my running group.  Now I have to get off the computer, and start cleaning my house!!

What's everyone else up to today - I'd love to read some race reports!!
Scott William
on 11/8/08 12:52 am
I don't have a race report but I am sure that I could whip something up. 

I did about 35 minutes at the gym this morning.  10 min stretching and 25 doing some pretty heavy legs.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Garys
on 11/8/08 3:51 am - Mesa, AZ

Today I completed the Breast Cancer Walk in Tempe AZ.

Over 3 miles. A year ago I could barely walk 300 feet.

"Controlling my food,    instead of my food controlling Me!

Elisa K.
on 11/8/08 3:57 am - Lumberton, NJ
That's awesome Gary!!  
Linn D.
on 11/8/08 5:26 am - Missoula, MT
Isn't it fun to see all the things you never thought you could do before?

Great job, Gary!

Linn
Linn D.
on 11/8/08 5:24 am - Missoula, MT
Today's scheduled run was 7 miles at 'race pace' whatever that means.  To me race pace is however fast I end up finishing, but in training I try to keep the pace at .2-.3 mph faster than normal.

Anyway, I did it in 58 minutes (7.1) and then ran ~5 min at 6.5 to drop the heart rate a bit before I did the cool down walk.  It was definitely a hard run today, but well worth it.

Then... I went to my local running store and got 2 new pairs of shoes and a running bra.  Gotta have the essentials!

Linn
Rob S.
on 11/8/08 6:05 am - DE

Got up earlly and ran 9 miles this morning with my running partner.  For once I was pushing the pace since she had a hangover.  Next week she'll kick my butt when we do 16 miles in PHL.
Rob

DANCBJAMMIN
on 11/8/08 11:53 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I got a 43 mile ride in the morning. Was  a beautiful morning, me and a buddy rode up to Rhome, TX, then back. Some pretty good rolling hills, and a couple pretty long and somewhat steep climbs. We averaged a 19 mph pace and I am cool with that for a little longer ride. I am going to hold off on my weekend rides for the rest of the year as I have a full marathon coming in a month and want to dedicate Saturday mornings for my long runs. Next Saturday will be 17, then 18 the next, 19 the next, and then sometime that week, probably Thursday, will be 20 miles and then the good ole taper. Take care ya'll.

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Most Active