My First Triathalon

victoria R.
on 11/10/08 7:54 pm - goose creek, SC
Scott
Thanks for your reply.  I will try to do as much outdoor running & cycling as possible.  I share the same sentiments as you as far as the ocean and lakes we have sharks, gators and snakes, lots of them.  Pool only for me... You have made some amazing accomplishments which are very motivating for me.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

kypdurran
on 11/10/08 1:06 pm - Baton Rouge, LA

Hi Vicki. I'm still nervous riding in the company of the guys that I train with. 90% of the time I train alone because I'm scared I'm gonna do something stupid on my bike and crash everyone. The cool thing about triathlon is it's an individual sport and while you will have people out on the course with you during a race, you won't be riding 'with' them beause that's against the rules.

The best thing you could probably do is hook up with a local triathon club.  I saw you are from Goose Creek?   If that's near Charleston then try to get in touch with the guys at the Charleston Tri Club. (http://www.charlestontriathlonclub.com/)  I can't tell you how much of a wealth of information and amazing friends I have met in my tri club in Baton Rouge.  

Best of luck!

Chad
www.team464.com

victoria R.
on 11/10/08 7:50 pm - goose creek, SC
Chad
I keep getting blown away from the responses I get from people (like you) who have just made amazing changes in their lives.  I can't tell you how inspiring it is to read your stories and look at you accomplishments.  It makes me really want to strive forward in my journey.  Yes I do live near Charleston,  I do have a very experienced and competitive triathlete who is going to help train me.  She works at our gym and over the last few years we've gotten to be good friends.  She has tried to get me to committ to something like this for over 2 years and I couldnt imagine.  Something came over me Friday & I just blurted out yes when she mentioned it.  She does the big marathons (Boston) as well as triathlons, half ironmans and did her first full ironman last November.  I feel blessed to have her guidance as well as all of the support I've gotten over here so far.  Riding on the road period makes me a bit nervous let alone with lots of other people but I will ease into it and see how it goes.  Thanks so much!

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

Most Active