Friday Workout

1texasmom
on 11/7/08 2:39 am
I hope you all don't mind me starting the thread.  I needed the accountability and knowing that I was coming to post got me moving this morning. 

I did 30 minutes of turbo kick and 30 minutes of resistance this morning.  This evening I'm planning on a 2 mile easy run and then a 1 hour bootcamp class. 

RNY: 11/19/07

SW:260

LW: 140 (January 09)

CW: 180

GW: 155-160

Scott William
on 11/7/08 5:05 am
Of course we don't mind, first one here starts the thread. 

I ran 17.4 today.  The first 12 were great- under 11 minute average... the last 5 were horrible with stomach issues and blister issues! 

....Oh, and I got hit by a car.. sort of. 
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
DANCBJAMMIN
on 11/7/08 11:59 am - Fort Worth, TX
I can't boast a collision on my meager 9 mile run, but it was a good run. Did first 6.5 in 58 minutes, then did final 3.5 mile leg in 27: and change. My speed is picking up, I just need to get to the 15-20 mile range on my long runs. I have a 50 mile ride tomorrow and that's it for riding on Saturday's for the year for me. I am going to focus my attention on my marathon in 5 weeks and counting and will do a 16 mile run next saturday, a 17 mile run the saturday after, 18 the next, and probably wednesday of the following week I will do 20 miles, and then I will be ready! Nice run today Scott, and as far as starting the thread.... The 1st worm goes to the early bird! Have a good one guys.

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Kevin A.
on 11/7/08 11:59 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Well I only did 2.5 miles!! But there were alot of steep hills!! I back in training mode for what?? I don't know yet??

Thanks for starting the thread!!

"You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
Elisa K.
on 11/8/08 12:11 am - Lumberton, NJ
I went to the gym - I am worked up my upper body, abs, with a little lower body thrown in.  I'm afraid to do too much weighwise on my lower body - I don't want to be too pooped out for my runs.  I have to work to find that balance.
Linn D.
on 11/8/08 12:33 am - Missoula, MT
I got up early and studied for an exam.  Thought about making it to the gym, but ran out of time once I felt I was ready.  No time this afternoon before work.

Oh well, I did do a spin class yesterday!

Linn
Most Active