Wednesday workout!

Scott William
on 11/4/08 10:38 pm
I did 3.3 miles running this morning.  It was uninspired and kind of a pain but I have never finished a run and said, "I wish I hadn't done that".  Any exercise is good exercise.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Richbehr
on 11/4/08 11:12 pm - North Haven, CT
RNY on 03/24/08 with
Tonight will be a 1 hour spin class(my third in a row) followed by an upper body work out.

"Death borders upon our birth, and our cradle stands in the grave. Our birth is nothing but our death begun."

DANCBJAMMIN
on 11/5/08 12:07 am - Fort Worth, TX
Swam 2000 meters (1.25 miles) this morning. Will probably gor for a 6 mile run tonight just before my softball game.

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

1texasmom
on 11/5/08 6:50 am
Tonight is a 2 mile run, a 15 minute ab class and a 1 hour bootcamp.  I'm headed out the door in just a few.  First, I only have to decide what to wear.  I know...I'm a freak!  But a girl has to look good.  I've worked too hard not to care.  lol

RNY: 11/19/07

SW:260

LW: 140 (January 09)

CW: 180

GW: 155-160

Cassie W.
on 11/5/08 8:01 am
Tonight was my second 1-hour spin class.  By focusing a little more on technique vs. speed, I found it a little easier on the quads.  The first class killed my legs for three days because I was too far forward on the standing sprints and jumps. 

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

Sherry_Berry
on 11/5/08 10:43 am - Dacula, GA
On November 5, 2008 at 4:01 PM Pacific Time, Cassie W. wrote:
Tonight was my second 1-hour spin class.  By focusing a little more on technique vs. speed, I found it a little easier on the quads.  The first class killed my legs for three days because I was too far forward on the standing sprints and jumps. 

Cassie
I'm not a big fan of standing sprints, but that's just me.

Yes...you want all your weight to the back. To make sure I do this, I only touch the handlebars with my fingertips. I don't grip it.

Also, make sure when you spin fast you don't have pointed toes! A lot of people have bad technique and end up w/calf cramps.
Linn D.
on 11/5/08 10:44 am - Missoula, MT
Cassie,

If you're going to do much spinning, you might consider bike shoes if the pedals have clips.  They make it a lot easier to  keep your feet flat and have better form on the pedal stroke (which also makes it easier to go faster without bobbing on the bike).

Linn
1texasmom
on 11/5/08 11:21 am

Someone even makes a "spinning" shoe.  It is built like a standard bike clip shoe, but minus the clip.  The hard sole works great at keeping your feet flat.

RNY: 11/19/07

SW:260

LW: 140 (January 09)

CW: 180

GW: 155-160

Sherry_Berry
on 11/5/08 10:41 am - Dacula, GA
On November 5, 2008 at 2:50 PM Pacific Time, 1texasmom wrote:
Tonight is a 2 mile run, a 15 minute ab class and a 1 hour bootcamp.  I'm headed out the door in just a few.  First, I only have to decide what to wear.  I know...I'm a freak!  But a girl has to look good.  I've worked too hard not to care.  lol
skirtsports.com has free shipping right now...since you want to look cute and all!

I have a 15% discount I'm allowed to give out: SHERRYC

I just ordered the blue capri tattoo skirt, the solid black capri skirt...and a white tattoo sweetest thing tee and the blue one...
Elisa K.
on 11/5/08 9:42 am - Lumberton, NJ
I went to the gym, worked on abs and upper body. 
Most Active