Bod Pod

Jacque V.
on 11/3/08 6:03 am - Kinderhook, NY
Has anyone heard of the Bod Pod?  My nutritionist recommended it to me.  Apparently it measures your body composition by telling you the amount of fat and lean tissue that makes up your weight.  They also provide a metabolism assessment that includes resting metabolic rate (RMR) and total energy exenditure (TEE).  It is supposed to help you in establishing a goal weight as well as create a proper exercise program and determine nutritional needs.  I'm very curious, so I made an appointment.  Costs $59.50.  Any thoughts?

5'3" - HW 248/SW 222/CW 137/GW 120

Mifiremedic
on 11/3/08 6:57 am - MI
I havent heard of the Bod Pod, but have heard of the RMR. As for the RMR, I am planning on having it done in the very near future.

Just my two cents worth.

Make sure you let us know what you find out.
Linn D.
on 11/3/08 8:03 am - Missoula, MT
I haven't heard of that particular one, but I know the hydro tests are the most accurate because they also incorporate body mass from bone.  The only thing to remember is that they are all just tools and there won't be any hard and fast 'truths' to what they tell you.  You still have to work out your diet and exercise program with a little trial and error.

If I had to pay for the information, though, the price you were quoted is probably worth it.

Linn
Scott William
on 11/3/08 9:53 pm
There was a guy on the men's board a few years ago that swore by it.  Buckeye John was his name.  I don't know much about it but like I said, he loved it.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active