Saturday Workouts....

DANCBJAMMIN
on 11/1/08 6:38 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hey Guys!

Happy November.... What a gorgeous day outside here in North Texas!

Me and a few friends went for a 30 mile ride up the Trinity River and later this afternoon went for a 6.2 mile run on the treadmill in 56:12 and then swam 1000 Meters. Hope you all had a great day.

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Sherry_Berry
on 11/1/08 10:37 pm - Dacula, GA
I'm SLOWLY getting better. Sigh.

It's my peak training weekend for IMAZ and I was only allowed to do a 2 hour trainer ride Followed by a 1 mile walk/run.

Today I'm headed to Lifetime to attempt a 4 mile dreadmill run. sit in hot tubbie and STRETCH.

Tomorrow I'll try a regular 3500 swim.

I'm still sore and tight in the neck back, mostly left side.

I'll be well-rested for IMAZ, right? (Trying to be positive folks!)
DANCBJAMMIN
on 11/2/08 1:31 am - Fort Worth, TX
Dang Sherry, that stinks! I hope you start to feel better. An early taper might help in the long run....You are going to do great. When you swim 3500 do you do it in a 25 or 50 meter pool, or are you practicing in open water? Just curious. Anyways, have a good one and I will talk to you soon.

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Sherry_Berry
on 11/3/08 9:12 pm - Dacula, GA
I'm getting better! I go to lifetime which has a 25M pool. I've swam 50M a few times. I do open water infrequently b/c it's hard to find people to go when I go. I might thry this weekend or next. I'm comfortable in open water, so it's no biggie.
Rob S.
on 11/2/08 8:43 am - DE
Sherry,
You have an amazing toughness.  Not sure I could cope and continue the way you are.  I am trying to toughen my mind so that I can  accomplish my first marathon.  I watched "Run, FatBoy, Run" for inspiration yesterday.
Rob
Linn D.
on 11/2/08 12:35 am - Missoula, MT
Well, the long run was supposed to happen, but by the time I was ready to head out, there was no way I'd be done in time for work.  I opted for a spin class instead.  LOVE my spin instructors - they're awesome!

Linn
MacMadame
on 11/2/08 2:22 am - Northern, CA
I swam 24 laps. But I can't figure out how far that is because the pool isn't a standard size.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Elisa K.
on 11/2/08 3:51 am - Lumberton, NJ
I ran in the Family Services 5K race in my town.  I ran it in 35:17 - a little faster than my last 5K race 2 weeks ago.  I am seeing improvement, so that makes me happy.  My last race of the year is on 12/20 - My goal would be to run it in 32 minutes.  I'm almost there!! 
Rob S.
on 11/2/08 8:35 am - DE
Saturday I got in my long run (14.2 miles).  It was hard but I didn't have any trouble recovering.  Next week is 10 miles, then up to 16 miles.  Training for a marathon is a lot of work and it really takes a toll on the body.
Sunday I went ahead and ran the Norcross Cooper 10k Over the Bridge Challenge.  It's amazing how easy 6 miles seems now.  Couldn't say the same last year.   The weather was great.  I paced myself well thoughout the run.  And going up and over the bridge, and back again was a breeze except for manuvering around the "stop at a minute's notice" runners. 
Rob
Most Active