Bodybuilding & Weightlifting

MyQnA
on 10/30/08 8:00 pm
I have recently started bodybuilding and was floored to find OH has a forum for it.  So, just wanted to share.  Maybe there are people who are weigh lifting as well and can share their expertise.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/bodybuilding_weightlifting /

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. 

Scott William
on 10/30/08 9:18 pm
I am not sure that there are many "body builders" but there are many gym rats who certainly want the keep in good shape.  Welcome to the board.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
MyQnA
on 10/30/08 9:31 pm
I am pretty sure there aren't many but, there has to be more than me.  I hope

Scott William
on 10/31/08 12:07 am
When you say, "body building", I am thinking performing a posing routine on astage in front of many people with some spray on tan and a plastic looking bikini.  Is that what you are talking about?  With many post-op WLS patients, it is impractical because of extra skin issues.  The skin would have to be tightened first.  Are you really body building or just working out?
Scott

MyQnA
on 10/31/08 12:17 am
I fortunately can save money on the spray on tan.  I don't like the feel of plastic either so I will go with Lycra (if that is what they make suits from)  Anyway yes with the extra skin it s virtually impossible that I will get on stage hell, I don't want to go in the pool in the back yard.  But, in all seriousness.  I am training to become an bodybuilder.  It is not just a circuit routine at curves.  I am lifting with the sole purpose of building muscle.

Scott William
on 10/31/08 12:19 am
Then, way to go.  Go for it!
Scott

1texasmom
on 10/31/08 11:50 pm
Good for you!!  I'm workin on the same...just not the stage performance.  I'm down to 23%.  My hubby is a little fraky about the whole thing becuase he can't envision the end result, but he;s liking what he's seeing so far.  lol

Thanks for the link.  I had no idea it was here. 

RNY: 11/19/07

SW:260

LW: 140 (January 09)

CW: 180

GW: 155-160

MyQnA
on 11/1/08 6:45 pm
23% is sensational! 

I have started a little bit of a challenge on another board.  If you want to participate you sure can.  We all started yesterdaya dn it basically is to increase muscle or use weight training in some way to reduce body fat.  I think taking control of our bodies through exercise is the best way we can guarantee to never go back to where we were.

~Maxine

puffie
on 11/1/08 11:01 pm - NJ
I am about 7 weeks out and also want to get back into body building. My doc told me no lifting for 6 months, I said doc I'll look crazy w/o lifting, anyone else cant lift, but still do? I currently do workout videos and weight training. I also would like to begin taking my supplememnts again ie. Creatine, test boosters and other things, but i dont know how they will rect to my new pouch. Also, I make sure to not get supplements that contain caffine since I cn not have caffine. Anyone else on thee boards into bodybuilding. When I say bodybuilding I dont speak of getting on stage I mean just in your personal life, but also maintaining a weightlifters body?

highest-306   preop-- 292   current  197   surgery date 296    GOAL  180

1texasmom
on 11/2/08 8:06 pm
Follow doctor's order to prevent hernias.  Take it easy and heal well so that when you are released you can hit the ground running. 

As for supplements.  I use a protein powder that has amino acids and some other "stuff" like creatine already in it.  I use it as a recovery shake.  Doesn't bother the pouch at all. 

RNY: 11/19/07

SW:260

LW: 140 (January 09)

CW: 180

GW: 155-160

Most Active