Thursday workout!

Scott William
on 10/30/08 1:07 am
I am kind of disappointed with today's run.  I was supposed to do 8 - 2.2 mile laps around my block for a total of 17.6.  After the 5th I had to make an emergency pit stop and when I went back out for the 6th, it was miserable.  I couldn't warm up again and the stomach issues didn't go away.  I stopped after the 6th.

The bottom line is that I am going to Disney and comming home with three medals no matter how good or bad my training goes.  I guess that's the bottom line but I was hoping that it would not be a miserable marathon this time around and perhaps, I could break the 5 hour mark for the first time.  Anyway...

today: 11 awesome miles
           2.5 miserable miles and a bathroom stop.

you?
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
wjoegreen
on 10/30/08 6:06 am - Colonial Heights, VA
You are a good man for going back out there.

I am kinda stuck at 4 miles since getting back out on the road after the last 2 months or pretty spotty effort.  Then last Sunday, my last campaign fund raisier, a brunswick stew, got scheduled on hte same date of my first 1/2 marathon.  The last one fell on my UKROPS 10K that Sporty Jill came to Richmond to run with me back in April.  So I conceded to run my first 1/2 another day.

I have been out 3 times this week and lack of motivation is trying to set in again.  SO I  am telling myself, registered for an event or not,...I feel better when I run and I look better when I run.  So I need to run as long as I am able to run because I can and I like feeling and looking better and it doesn't cost a thing but the itme and energy to get out there.

I still have a secret (but I guess not anymore) to get good enough to come run with some of my cyber buds on this board at some time in the future,...just because, as opportunities arise. Scott, you're on my list.  So don't kill yourself running 3 events in 2 days there buddy. 

I am already impressed with the stuff you have pulled off in the past, especially the effort and ice bath from the last Disney!

Enjoy.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
silvercb67
on 10/30/08 6:19 am - MN
You people are amazing! I would love to beable to run by next summer. I have a bad knee so this keeps me from doing so now.

Scott William
on 10/30/08 12:08 pm

I usually have a lot to say but, "Thanks Joe", says it all.  Thanks Joe.

Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
1texasmom
on 10/30/08 6:38 am
Good for you! 

I read about your workouts - and those of others - all the time, but I don't post on this board often.  I need to start doing that.  You've all been encouraging me and you didn't even know it, but I could always use the extra accountability.  :)

Today is a gym day for me.  The plan is weights, some plyometrics, balance and core work and 4 miles on the treadmill.  Although I'm not making the trip to Disney, I'm currently training with some friends who are running the Princess Half next March (I'll be running with them that morning, but I'll be here cheering them on from a distance). 

RNY: 11/19/07

SW:260

LW: 140 (January 09)

CW: 180

GW: 155-160

DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/30/08 8:03 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey there fellow Metroplexian! I was just out in Mansfield a couple days ago. Anyways, glad you finally posted. Welcome, and keep up the awesome work....

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/30/08 8:05 am - Fort Worth, TX
Good Job Today bro!

-Dan

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

Kevin A.
on 10/30/08 1:06 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
It been a while since I've post!!! I ran 4 miles today!! I was a good run. I'm getting my MOJO back!!
 "You have to be uncompromised in your level of commitment to whatever you are doing, or it can disappear as fast as it appeared." ~Michael Jordan~
DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/30/08 6:07 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I swam 1600 Meters today.

Monday I ran 6.2 miles, Tuesday Ran 6.2 Miles & swam 2000 Meters , yesterday ran 13.1 miles so I thought I would give my running legs a rest, even though I really wanted to get out there and bang a good run out. Hope everyone else is well.

-Dan

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

Elisa K.
on 10/30/08 9:43 pm - Lumberton, NJ
I did a quick 1.5 mile run with my running group
Most Active