Ragin' Cajun Triathlon Race Report... 27 SECONDS!

kypdurran
on 10/27/08 8:12 am - Baton Rouge, LA

Tri number 20 under my belt and I'm sad to say it will be my last one of the year.  I missed the podium by 27 seconds!   I placed 4th in my age group and 42nd overall of the 400ish participants.   (This time my placement was for MALE 35 - 39 and not FEMALE too!) 

Full race report at http://www.team464.com/uofltri2008/

I still have a marathon or a half marathon on my plate in December and a few 5 and 10Ks but no more triathlons until the New Orleans Ironman 70.3 at the beginning of April.   Race schedule next year will be extremely light as I have 2 half Ironman, Escape from Alcatraz (fingers crossed) and 2 full Ironman courses as well.  

Chad
www.team464.com

Mifiremedic
on 10/27/08 9:50 am - MI
Chad,

Congratulations on a superb triathlon season. I would gander to guess that there are VERY few people in this country who can say they completed 10 triathlons, let alone 20.

Its pretty safe to say that you are one of two true idols I have in the field of triathlons. You are what I strive to be in the very near future.

Congrats..

Curt
Linn D.
on 10/27/08 10:59 am - Missoula, MT
I concur with Curt, great season Chad!

I came in 4th in my age group at my last 5k by less than a minute as well, and it IS a little disheartening. 

Here's to a great next season!

Linn
misstilly
on 10/27/08 11:50 am - Cosby, TN
Great job Chad. I always love reading your reports, it makes me feel like I was there watching you.  Great year, here's to next year.

Sue

215/210/117/120
HW/SW/CW/GOAL  I'M AT MY GOAL

DANCBJAMMIN
on 10/27/08 1:55 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Good Job once again Big Daddy! Great report, and cheers on an incredibly busy race schedule. Hopefully our paths will cross at an event soon! I live in Texas, and you are in LA, hop skip and a jump away! I am doing Louseville, Kentucky Full in August next year.... You doing it? Which 2 Full's are you doing? Anyways, great report, and great year....Next year will be even better!

-Dan
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

donnainhouston
on 10/27/08 10:26 pm - League City, TX

Congrats on the awesome finish!  You have much to be proud of!

Donna

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." Lance Armstrong

Sherry_Berry
on 10/28/08 7:43 am - Dacula, GA
Chad...do you have connections or something to get into Alcatraz or Kona? Just askin. Or are you going to qualify. Or pray for lotto pick?
Most Active